Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Buying an EVO with a 100K. Yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying an EVO with a 100K. Yes or no? Updates: CARFAX. PICS.

So I found an EVO locally with a very good price. The only mods it has is a HKS Intake, and Tein coilovers. I have looked at the carfax, and it shows the vehicle has been maintained. I'm buying this car as a daily driver and that is what scares me. EVO with a 100k It's an 03 and I know about the misfiring problems, clutch, and t-case. I'm a mature driver, so I'm not going to send the car to hell because I want to race everything in my way. Will I enjoy it? Yes! Responsibly.

I'm going to look at the car here in a few. I will take pictures and post the carfax tonight.

EVOM You will be the judge.

What are your opinions right now?

Last edited by alexjabbar; Apr 7, 2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0300 code errors have been fixed with a simple rom update. The only other problems where fading brakes and fading rear wings, but if you look at this car and it doesn't have these issues then you're good to go. I say go for it. I have 83K miles and I run the car very hard. If the engine ever goes it only means I'll build it but I have not had one single mechanical problem since I've had this car.

The motor is very strong even when ran hard. Then again I'm the only owner and I've taken very good care of the car. If the price is nice and low I say go for it. Chances are you'll upgrade it anyway in the long run. The money you save in buying an 03 instead of an 05 you can put as a downpayment for a built motor.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

not to burst ur bubble but it better be a great great deal. Make sure it didnt have 10 owners. When i was looking for my evo i didnt want anything with more than 10,000 miles bc whoever had the car didnt buy it to drive it like a baby.

I would not even consider 100k.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
P0300 code errors have been fixed with a simple rom update. The only other problems where fading brakes and fading rear wings, but if you look at this car and it doesn't have these issues then you're good to go. I say go for it. I have 83K miles and I run the car very hard. If the engine ever goes it only means I'll build it but I have not had one single mechanical problem since I've had this car.

The motor is very strong even when ran hard. Then again I'm the only owner and I've taken very good care of the car. If the price is nice and low I say go for it. Chances are you'll upgrade it anyway in the long run. The money you save in buying an 03 instead of an 05 you can put as a downpayment for a built motor.
Yeah, if I do purchase this EVO. I can have it paid off in a year, which means I will be shooting for 10's next race season.

Originally Posted by gdup
not to burst ur bubble but it better be a great great deal. Make sure it didnt have 10 owners. When i was looking for my evo i didnt want anything with more than 10,000 miles bc whoever had the car didnt buy it to drive it like a baby.

I would not even consider 100k.
It's a great deal. It has a two-owner carfax with a good track record. No accident history, I will clerify that today after inspection.

I plan on maintaining the vehicle for the time being. Changing fluids, timing belt, spark plugs, etc. Maybe throw some wheels on it
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Michigan car? Check out www.mievo.net -- its the local group.

Pft, 100k is no problem. I have 110k on my car.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

u'll have another 30k on the motor MINIMUM, and when it goes it gives a perfect reason to send it out to AMS!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Michigan car? Check out www.mievo.net -- its the local group.

Pft, 100k is no problem. I have 110k on my car.
Yeah, I have been on there before. I'm also a member on XceedSpeed.

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
u'll have another 30k on the motor MINIMUM, and when it goes it gives a perfect reason to send it out to AMS!
Your telling me there is not an EVO with over a 130k?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alexjabbar
Yeah, I have been on there before. I'm also a member on XceedSpeed.

Your telling me there is not an EVO with over a 130k?
Yes there are. I remember seeing one with 142k miles on it and it was selling for 10k. Not bad but that's a lot of miles.

I say go for it. Test it and really inspect it.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

ther are a few guys in dallas that have over 110,000 miles and still track there cars with out issue.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

just get it already...haha

follow ur heart
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:48 AM

I just recently bought mine for a good price, but with 88K miles on it. I got it for a decent price though.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:50 AM

Getting good vibes lol.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:56 AM

Try not to be to hyped for the car when you inspect it... you could make a bad judgment call that you would regret later.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

I'm the 3rd owner of mine, its got just at 90k on the clock and the stock clutch finally gave up the ghost. I would say its been driven very spiritedly, but not abused, perhaps the term is 'adult driven'

Make sure its sound, doesn't have any weird noises while driving, that sort of thing. Beyond that, the rest is mechanical and nothing lasts forever.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

By a good price I hope you mean like 15k. If it's a decent price you could fix any major problems and have a relatively more reliable and powerful car.

Quick Reply: Buying an EVO with a 100K. Yes or no?