Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Can i make my lancer OZ into a evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can i make my lancer OZ into a evo?

I found a smoking deal on a damaged evo. 05, 14K miles. Runs and drives but was hit in both sides, and the body shop said the body is junk because it twisted so bad. Now I have a Lancer OZ, anyone know if the drivetrain from the evo will fit my lancer? I know the cars are physically the same, other than the evo is awd and wide body. But according to all the info I have the structures are the same and everything from the doors to front clip are interchangeable. I already have a evo front end on my lancer. So does anyone know if it will all bolt up?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there have been a few people to do the engine and drivetrain swaps but im not to sure about the body but any ways its ALOT of work and wouldnt be worth it to me IMO
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
No it wont, at least not directly. They structurally are different. But with a lot of money - anything is possible.

But for the amount of money you would spend, just get an Evo. They are going for 10-15k now.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:58 AM

So 4K for a 05 evo with a slowboy built engine, and numerious upgrades to the turbo system is not worth it?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Search the lancer "show and shine" thread, there are 2 guys doing this right now.

Unless you can do every single bit of work yourself, financially it makes more sense to buy an evo.

Practically, regardless of cost or your expertise, it makes so much more sense to get an evo instead of doing this transformation. Even if you get the drivetrain, diffs etc into the lancer, it won't drive like an evo. it would be a cool project, but thats all.

Nothing beats OEM driveability. You can change certain aspects with mods, and in some cases completely change the car, but in the end it will be a whole lot of headache and a lot less evo than you probably want.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...4g63t-rwd.html
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:59 PM

You can, but it's not only the engine and driveline that make the EVO an EVO...it's really not even the same basic car after all the chassis customizations done for the EVO..

Save your money, buy an EVO...if the wrecked one is cheap enough buy it as a parts car.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sure you can, if you have an unlimited budget or a lot of time and skill on your hands.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:19 PM
Account Disabled

Gawd, another one of these......dood, just please buy an evo. 03-04 Evos with low mileage nowadays, not that expensive......you spend 10-15k for the swap and what not, PLUS you have that ugly Lancer, you could of gotten a legit evo. Stop making Lancers into an Evo.....kinda embarassing for the Evo community. :x
Ask any evo owner....probably tell you the same thing or similar.

Feel like owning a Prius rather now.....seeing all the Lancers putting evo wings on lancers......my gawd....can jesus help us.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Domolution
Gawd, another one of these......dood, just please buy an evo. 03-04 Evos with low mileage nowadays, not that expensive......you spend 10-15k for the swap and what not, PLUS you have that ugly Lancer, you could of gotten a legit evo. Stop making Lancers into an Evo.....kinda embarassing for the Evo community. :x
Ask any evo owner....probably tell you the same thing or similar.

Feel like owning a Prius rather now.....seeing all the Lancers putting evo wings on lancers......my gawd....can jesus help us.
Relax man Evo drivers are pretty good at embarrassing themselves with all types of ridiculous paint jobs, SSUUUPPPPEEERRR loud blow off valves on stock engines, and the worst of all... giving the Evo the nearly annual title of worst car in the US to insure by crashing their cars left and right.

I totally agree that evo wings, engines, and many other parts don't belong in a lancer. I also agree that buying a used evo is a much better investment. But don't act like its the base lancer owners that ruin the evo's reputation. Without the selling of base lancer, Mitsu wouldn't have an Evo here in the first place. Let the little lancer people do what they want to their cars, it only serves the evo community's interest
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:46 PM

well I got a couple more weeks to think about it, now. As they cannot sell the evo for another 2 weeks. one thing I was looking at was insurance, as its like 5 times as much to insure a evo than a regular lancer. I also thought it would be cool to have a sleeper. Stock lancer with evo swap drivetrain, it would definatly make people look twice. But whatever. I will find one eventually. I am a collision repair tech and have most of my ase mechanical certs, so I can do anything. Thought it would be fun, something different to drive fast with than my 944 Turbo.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

If you are just going for a sleeper, have that kind of mechanical expertise, and have a bit of cash to shell out- build the motor and do a turbo kit. Almost everyone (with I think the exception is Diavlo, but i can't remember) who has placed a 4g63 into a lancer or ralliart has kept it FWD. So, unless you are going for insane power levels, it would be much easier and still quite fast to turbo the existing engine. Nevertheless, I doubt anyone on here would mind it if you tried it out and posted the build
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by mtags24
If you are just going for a sleeper, have that kind of mechanical expertise, and have a bit of cash to shell out- build the motor and do a turbo kit. Almost everyone (with I think the exception is Diavlo, but i can't remember) who has placed a 4g63 into a lancer or ralliart has kept it FWD. So, unless you are going for insane power levels, it would be much easier and still quite fast to turbo the existing engine. Nevertheless, I doubt anyone on here would mind it if you tried it out and posted the build
ya, i will think about it, my lancer has 220K on it now, so the original motor would need a rebuild if i wanted to boost it. The car is really nice, but lots of miles. I repainted it last fall, so it looks new. Not worth anything to sell, so thats why I though to evo swap it. who knows, I don't need a evo anyways, I have a fiero, trans am, and porsche so plenty of toys.