Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I Miss My Evo...Help! Should I Get An Evo X & Sell/Trade The G37?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Miss My Evo...Help! Should I Get An Evo X & Sell/Trade The G37?

Ok so some of you guys may have seen my recent thread about my new car. I totaled the Evo IX last year and picked up a G37S. Here's some pics of it if your curious: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...r-porsche.html

i love the car and in person it looks amazing...but its missing something that i love...power, and the ability to modify it. It's got a cat-back, HFC, intake, cobb ap, wheels, and coilovers. There is barely anything else i can do to make it quick besides going twin turbo or supercharged...which i find crazy for the price. TT is around $11k installed and tuned. So i was going to supercharge it (kits are almost out) but im guessing it would still run me atleast $8k, and if im lucky maybe i'll breaks 11's or low 12's. But thats a hell of alot of money. (BTW my Evo IX made 400whp & 450wtq with stock turbo on aquamist 28psi)

Started yesterday im REALLY contemplating to sell/trade it for an Evo X. At first i didn't like the look of the new Evo X's but the front is just sooo aggressive looking and the back is starting to grow on me. I need some advice...i feel like i sound crazy and should just be slapped for this lol

but this is how i see it:
The wheels look amazing on the car...but i gotta drive the thing like a grandma and be so carefull with it. Can barely drive it in the winter. $8k to supercharge it and still can't drive it like i want to.

Evo X- Can drive it the way i want...4wd and don't have to worry about the wheels getting ruined cause im not gonna go crazy low profile tires. can drive it in the winter. has TONS of potentional, unlike the G. Can spend half of what i was gonna spend on the supercharger and have a quicker Evo.

kelly blue book for my car in excellent condition private party seller is $37k. kelly blue book dealer trade says $34k. My wheels are worth over $4500 but i got them for $3500 cause of a partial sponsorship deal. KW Coilovers ran me $1,700. I can make alot of money back from the parts too...the wheels i can prob sell for what i got them for since i saved over $1k on them.

Im starting to research on the Evo X now but since i've been missing from the Evo scene for some time can you guys give me some info on the new Evo X's? How well do they respond to mods compared to the Evo IX and anything else you think i should know.

Thank you guys so much if you actually read all this
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

This will probably get locked or you'll get flamed super hardcore...but just dip into the Evo X forums and 98% of your questions will be answered.

I was in the same spot as you (Evo 8 -> 350Z -> Evo X) so I'm sympathetic....but search my friend.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

My brother also has the G37S, and it does lack power. Not enough tq on those cars, and modding is a pain with that compression. I say trade it in for the X, because you want power. One thing the G has over the X is the interior! The G is very nice inside, but if interior does not matter, get the X. They respond very well with bolt-ons, and I believe make more power result then the IX. However, the X is heavier than the IX. Good luck!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:59 AM
Account Disabled

get a x fast hurry lool from dealer g37 are nice but i raced one in my x and lets say i was very happy g37 are good cars but modding is hard when they make few parts for them
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in the same position my friend... VIII got rear-ended/tottaled, before that my old man got laid off. A week later I lost my job. Decided to get something cheap (super cheap next the VIII). Got a new descent job and decided on an 09 Civic EX. Car is comfy and cheap... But can't handle for ****. Also going from 300+ WHP to 160 crank HP is a dramatic difference. I can just give the Civic to my parents whenever I want and start all over with a brand new car. Nothing to worry about like trading in the civic... But I love the fact how cheap the civic is.. It's over 200$ a month cheaper on payments alone, 30+ MPG, 0 maintenance up to 100k miles except oil and brakes (got 5 free oil changes from dealer)

The main problem is no one the family excpet me can drive stick. Sometimes my parents might need to move my car in the morning to get out to go to work... If i get stick I will never allow them to sit in the drivers seat of a new EVO... And I would never start my car in the middle of winter move it and shut it off still freezing cold, have to let it hew warm up...

Soooo money saving cheap boring civic or expensive super fun sexy X MR... ( If i get a X it will 99% be an MR)

Summer is around the Corner and im already itching for fast turns, drag strips, meets/cruises etc....
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostd4
This will probably get locked or you'll get flamed super hardcore...but just dip into the Evo X forums and 98% of your questions will be answered.

I was in the same spot as you (Evo 8 -> 350Z -> Evo X) so I'm sympathetic....but search my friend.
no reason to get locked or flamed hardcore...its not like i only asked how does the Evo X respond to mods...its more of i want some opinions and everything. i have been reading up on the Evo X section for the passed couple days...but like i said its been a while since i've researched on here so i know i've missed a ton of stuff thats been going on.

i know the Evo X is heavier and slightly slower but with upgraded handleing. i just wanna hear what people think. i am going to keep researching also.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Go test drive one and see how you like it.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ltdanish07
Go test drive one and see how you like it.
i actually called the dealer already that i got my IX from he said they have 4 in stock...im prob gonna go monday and see one.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:16 AM

Just turbo the g37. Im sure if you peiced yourself a turbo kit it would come to a lot less than the ridiculous 11k. Put it all on and then take it to go get tuned(that is unless you want to do it yourself). Also why a twin turbo? Remember that a single can do the same if not more than a twin. Why do you think all the fastass supras have a single turbo.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

with simple bolt-ons the X gets 100+ whp easily... its also been said that after a few bolt-ons it starts to feel like a "real" evo... not hating, I'm not the one that said it, truth is the X IS slower but still a great car overall, just not as raw as its predecessors... but I would suggest you drive one for yourself since you are a previous Evo owner you have that car to compare the X to.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
with simple bolt-ons the X gets 100+ whp easily... its also been said that after a few bolt-ons it starts to feel like a "real" evo... not hating, I'm not the one that said it, truth is the X IS slower but still a great car overall, just not as raw as its predecessors... but I would suggest you drive one for yourself since you are a previous Evo owner you have that car to compare the X to.
nice response
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:31 AM

Go with the Evo X or trade your G37S for a G37X.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B

yea on monday i plan on going to see an Evo X. I've seen in the "Evo X Dyno Results" section alot of Evo X's putting down over 100whp or close with bolt-ons and a tune...couldn't find about 1/4 mile times though..what are they averaging with bolt ons and a tune?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

With just an Ecutek tune from Sean Ivey my X went 12.3@110.

That was BONE STOCK(no bolt ons), & FULL WEIGHT.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

id go with the X, you will be doing circles around that g37 for a lot less money in the rain, shine, or snow. After getting my evo i said im never getting anything thats not awd turbo. You can sell your car, get an X for around 32otd with 0% for 60 if you finance and still have money in your pocket for w/e.

Quick Reply: I Miss My Evo...Help! Should I Get An Evo X & Sell/Trade The G37?