Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

so are EVO's a big theft risk?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question so are EVO's a big theft risk?

what's up guys, switching to an EVO X from my Honda S2000 that was stolen. at first I wanted another S2000 but I personally know two other guys who's S2000's were stolen within a month of mine so blah to that.

so, are these things big targets once they're modded? I'm gonna get an alarm on mine day one anyway but didn't know if they're cars you really need to worry about in the first place. obviously if a thief wants you're car bad enough they'll get it but as long as they're not as bad as Honda's I'll feel better for now

thanks!
Old May 6, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LA times did a piece on most stolen cars, evo did not make list for 08, but the S2K did.

http://www.latimes.com/classified/au...allery?index=1
Old May 6, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

No, The immobilizer system is a deterrent to vehicle theft. However, they are pretty bad with vandals and crooks and parts theft (parts, seats, broken glass, stolen wings, wheels, etc.) I had my passenger window smashed last week for my radar detector and previously my rear windows was smashed to get an empty laptop bag.
Old May 6, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
damn some of you people need to to be moving lol not buying new cars. I know i would instantly not to mention you can get some type of gps alarm so if your car is stolen you can track it. Like you stated above those if somebody wants your car then no matter what the circumstance they will take the risk to steal it
Old May 6, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

well the EVO is too low of a production car to ever make a top 10 list of stolen cars.

immobilizer systems are a joke, my S2000 had one, they just swap the ECU, that's what they did on mine.

ha ha, a few people mentioned moving but I love south florida. whenever I'm up north and have to drive 30 minutes to get anywhere it's annoying plus I can't move away and make the same money I make here. not like I'm a baller or anything, but I've looked around enough in places like NC to see that I'm better off here at least for now. and moving with the economy like it is now isn't the best idea unless you have something set up already.

I guess I'll just get a nice alarm with battery backups and GPS right when I get the car and not worry about it, that's what insurance is for nyway. thanks for the replies guys!
Old May 6, 2009, 03:48 PM

Depends where you live I suppose. They tried to steal mine Plano TX, which is supposed to be a nice city (remember this is where there was the big heroin problem in the high schools abt 10 years ago). immobilizer saved the day!

thanks![/QUOTE]
Old May 6, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

at least they didn't get your car! trust me, getting your car stolen sucks
Old May 6, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't own an Evo unless I had some sort of garage personally. Something is going to happen to it and I don't need the lost sleep over a car, even though it's fricken' sweet.