Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo X or a used Evo IX?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Evo X or a used Evo IX?

Hey guys and girls. I'm new here and just wanted to say hi and ask if you can help me out a bit.

I'm planning on getting either a New EVO X GSR or try to find a good used EVO IX. The thing is, I don't know if buying a used Evolution well be a good idea. I keep on hearing that used evo's are pretty bad and has been beaten up!? I was planning on buying a 06 TSX but ****, I am so sick of people trying to steal my cars... Just last summer my 05 RSX Type S got stolen (it was recover but it was also stripped out) and just yesterday, some dumbfudgers try to steal my Integra GSR! (lucky I had my steering wheel and clutch lock).

So before my integra had gotton broken into, I was thinking about purchasing a TSX with manual tranny. But you know what, I'm just sick and tired of people trying to steal HONDAS (not saying they well with the evo) but still I wanna get out of the Honda Scene.

So here we go,

first car is what I would like to get... can you guys give me some tips if this car is good and stock?
http://myfox9.carsoup.com/used/detai...ealergroupid=1

and heres my second choice, its a MR but I dont like the color... I rather have the red one with 5speed.
http://myfox9.carsoup.com/used/detai...alergroupid=54

btw is there any Pros and Cons on used Evo's? And did Mitsubishi ever made a 07 model? I cant seem to find one at all!!! Well Thanks anyways, hope ya can help this ex Honda Player! haha
Old May 21, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

i went with a IX. not all of them are beat up, just bring a evom member with you in your area to check one out. i personally think the IX's are the best looking thats why i got one.

there are more things you need to take in account also. GSR, RS, SE models etc. by your post above you said you are lookin for 5spd not 6. above models are all with 5 speed.

look into the differences and choose which one you like.

and test drive!!! make sure you drive the IX and X and see which one you like better. hope this helped a lil.

Danny
Old May 21, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

oh, and no they didn't make a 07. just 1 year for the IX's
Old May 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

06/07 is the same Evo 9, they just re used it. I would go for an EVO 9. I had a white MR for about 4 months. Then it got hit while it was parked on a side road across from my work. So now I hate Dodge trucks with female drivers, lol. I really like the EVO 9 better than the X. It just feels better to me, but that could be the interior. I am so used to it after have an 02 lancer, 06 ralliart, 06 MR.

In conclusion go test drive both, figure out which one you like best.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ruthless.
oh, and no they didn't make a 07. just 1 year for the IX's

Actually there is an 07 evo IX, just not in the USA...
Old May 21, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

ahhh, i thought the SE's were supposed to be 07's???? but they didn't want to do a 07 in the states. true??
Old May 21, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ruthless.
ahhh, i thought the SE's were supposed to be 07's???? but they didn't want to do a 07 in the states. true??
The SE was put in place to help fill in the gap, but it was still considered an 06.

Every other country got 07 evo IX's.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Those Evo IXs are kinda pricey for 3-4 year old cars. I recently got my new X GSR last week, and man, it is a blast. It has a much better and modern interior, the gauges & red LCD display shows off current technology. The ride quality is much better for a daily driver. The styling is just a good combination of aggressiveness and sexyness.

Here's a comparison of the evo-10 vs. evo-9 and 8:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-ix-merge.html

Great deals right now for the Evo X, I got my GSR+SSS package for $27,650 before TTL (MSRP $35,650) with 0% APR, that is if you are just patient and find the right dealer. If you are willing to fly to CA and get your car here, PM me, I'll give you the contact info of the dealer... all their remaining Evos are discounted up to $11K off (if you qualify for ALL possible rebates).
Old May 21, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

I had been looking at Evo's for about 6 months or so before making the move on X GSR.

Regarding the IX or X, I considered both but the IX MR's are holding strong. Albeit, this is for a pristine example. Yeah, the X is slightly more sophisticated, but IX MR is tough to pass on. Nevertheless, I am very pleased with my GSR.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by tipoytm
Those Evo IXs are kinda pricey for 3-4 year old cars. I recently got my new X GSR last week, and man, it is a blast. It has a much better and modern interior, the gauges & red LCD display shows off current technology. The ride quality is much better for a daily driver. The styling is just a good combination of aggressiveness and sexyness.

Here's a comparison of the evo-10 vs. evo-9 and 8:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-ix-merge.html

Great deals right now for the Evo X, I got my GSR+SSS package for $27,650 before TTL (MSRP $35,650) with 0% APR, that is if you are just patient and find the right dealer. If you are willing to fly to CA and get your car here, PM me, I'll give you the contact info of the dealer... all their remaining Evos are discounted up to $11K off (if you qualify for ALL possible rebates).
WOW thats a pretty good deal!
Old May 21, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NinjaDC5
WOW thats a pretty good deal!
Sure is, took me 5 months to wait and hunt down that kind of pricing. They only have a few left. If I were you, I'd jump on it.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

EVO IX. What are you buying this car for? If it is to build a car that has set and smashed records then go with IX. If you want good financing and a angry lookin Volvo with a aluminum block co produced by Hyundai and Dodge then go ahead, but when you have to sleeve your block when you want to turn up the boost dont cry. Oh buy the way the X cost more and is slower in a straight line than a IX stock.
Old May 21, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

dunno bout that. There are plenty of discussion here about how the X responds better to mods than the previous Evos. Look up the dyno/tuning reviews by DG motors & GST motorsports, after a tune... completely stock/no bolt-ons yet... they were able to pull around +70 WHP off of the EvoXs.

Here's a good link & compilation on how the X responds to tunes & mods:

http://evoempire.org/Evo-10-Gst-Moto...unes-t384.html

Last edited by tipoytm; May 21, 2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old May 21, 2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by EvosnatcH
EVO IX. What are you buying this car for? If it is to build a car that has set and smashed records then go with IX. If you want good financing and a angry lookin Volvo with a aluminum block co produced by Hyundai and Dodge then go ahead, but when you have to sleeve your block when you want to turn up the boost dont cry. Oh buy the way the X cost more and is slower in a straight line than a IX stock.
It's going to be my DD car. I do have a 3 door garage but my wife is using one side for her Corolla and my older brother has his NSX in the small garage. That only leaves me the other spot.

So yeah, thanks to all who helped me out. I'm gonna go see these two cars tomorrow at the dealers. Oh and yeah, I don't think I'm gonna do any kind of mod to the Evo besides Drop and a couple new sets of Wheels! <- is thats okay?

And yeah I just found out about the Hyundai/Dodge aluminum block thing too... I didn't even know did that to the Lancer Evo X. kind of sad.

So right now I'm having second thoughts on the X. Don't know if I want a American/Korean engine. haha
Old May 21, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Both are great car's so you will be happy with either one.

It just depends on what you are looking for.

I say get a X if you plan on little to no mods and want a good DD with cruise control.

The IX is more raw, if you want a 400hp+car that is reliable then dont even waste your time with a X IMO.

I personally think the IX's look better, not to mention they are about 300lbs lighter.

good luck with the new purchase.

Quick Reply: New Evo X or a used Evo IX?