Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Debating dumping Jeep SRT for Evo MR..

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Debating dumping Jeep SRT for Evo MR..

Honestly, the Jeep is extremely awesome and I'm not sick of it. But at this point, I have a new career of which I have to get something that gets better gas mileage as the commute is shall we say not the closest. And wouldn't mind something that rides a little smoother. The Jeep is rough, combined with the suspension and runflat 20's.

I had an 03 Evo for a short while. So that brings me back possibly to the fold.

At this point, I would just wait for the 2010 model. I'm assuming I'll be able to get a descent deal on one, but of course not as low as a current 08.

Do you folks find the X to be a good daily driver? Appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by 50cal; May 21, 2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old May 21, 2009, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know what "not the closest commute" means but if its significant why not by a cheap civic or corrolla to save tons on gas milage. Than you could save some cash from the new job to throw a nice down payment at the new X. It would suck to rock a commuter for a while but worth it in the end to have a much smaller car payment.

Good luck either way.
Old May 21, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 50cal
Honestly, the Jeep is extremely awesome and I'm not sick of it. But at this point, I have a new career of which I have to get something that gets better gas mileage as the commute is shall we say not the closest. And wouldn't mind something that rides a little smoother. The Jeep is rough, combined with the suspension and runflat 20's.

I had an 03 Evo for a short while. So that brings me back possibly to the fold.

At this point, I would just wait for the 2010 model. I'm assuming I'll be able to get a descent deal on one.

Do you folks find the X to be a good daily driver? Appreciate any feedback.
Well 50cal, I traded out of an '07 TBSS because I was really missing the feel of a car. I had a just modded my TBSS too.

In any case, I got a heck of deal on an '08 X GSR as well as decent money for my trade. The GSR by far has a sportier ride than the TBSS. It's really hard to compare the two. I guess my point is, if you are looking to get into a X, I say look at the '08's. Some really good deals to be had.
Old May 21, 2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
I don't know what "not the closest commute" means but if its significant why not by a cheap civic or corrolla to save tons on gas milage. Than you could save some cash from the new job to throw a nice down payment at the new X. It would suck to rock a commuter for a while but worth it in the end to have a much smaller car payment.

Good luck either way.
Basically an 1:10 without too much traffic.

You make some good points, which I thought about. I have some down payment coin and hopefully will have some equity in the Jeep (but not holding my breath). Mileage is actually fairly low on it at the moment, so a good time to think about trading/selling.

If I do make the move, I might still even pick up a cheap commuter. Eventually anyway, I'm going to put in a transfer to a more local facility.

dcpatters....Yeah the deals on 08s are indeed very good, but would still like to hold out another 3-4 months.

The TBSS is a neat rig. But I'll say that the Jeep has a firmer suspension setup. If anything, the Evo might be at the same level. But I can't imagine it being worse.

Thanks!!!
Old May 21, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

I bought my Evo X as a daily driver back in November of 08, and I love it. It never gave me any issues through the Chicago winter, and its a blast to drive now that its warm out. Its definitely better daily driver than my Evo 9. I got it with the SSS and Nav, so I got all the luxuries I care for. The ride is obviously stiffer than most cars because of the incredible handling, but it never feels bumpy or uneasy. Plus I have the GSR, the MR you are thinking of getting should ride a bit smoother. Go test drive one if you can. All the advice on here won't give you as much perspective as a drive will.