Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

DD Unite!!! Cost for a DD Evo X?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DD Unite!!! Cost for a DD Evo X?

Hi!

I tried searching but cant find the answer I'm looking for.

I need to know, kinda like a survey, how much does a person spend on a DD Evo X working 5 days a week, and about 10 miles to work, and back 10 miles to get home, total of 20 miles. I'll be doing 80% highway and 20% city driving. I'm looking for monthly costs, like gas consumption, maintenance, etc. In simple words, how much does an Evo X cost monthly for a DD?

I know the weekends will vary, but lets say the car won't leave the garage on weekends.

You can also put if you have a GSR or MR, your mileage to work, your MPG, and how many days of work if you have a different situation.

Please note that I will never track the car and lets leave the mod addition out of the equation.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 21, 2009, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Well I was driving about that setup in an MR, getting 21-23 mpg/300 per full tank. Seeing as how you're going to be driving 100 miles a week, that's a $40 fill-up every 3 weeks if you ONLY go to work and back. Since you won't be driving the 5000 miles, you'll be changing oil every 3 months. That's about $40-60 if you do it yourself.

Sooooo..

52/3 = 17.3 fill-ups @ $40 each = $692.
12/3 = 4 oil changes/year @ (avg) $50 each = $200
$692 + $200)/12 = $892/12 = $75/month.
(Hrm.. I dunno but that seems horribly wrong LOL.)

Add your insurance and premium, also this (however much that stuff comes out to).
Old May 21, 2009, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

^^ LOL! I like how it turns out to $75/month!

Yeah, insurance I'll get like $77 per month, and premium is TBD because I am just about to get one and want to expect the costs involved to own an X.

I'm setting up a simple excel spreadsheet for me to evaluate the variation of costs and how miles traveled affect it.

Thanks for the input!
Old May 21, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Haha yeah, I see how I got $75/mon, but I don't see where I went wrong lol.

And yeah, excel would be a great thing to use.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:39 PM

Well... are you really just going to use the car, to drive to and from work?? Are you going to be driving other places? It all adds up
Old May 21, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Daskid
I'm setting up a simple excel spreadsheet for me to evaluate the variation of costs and how miles traveled affect it.
wow, do you do this for all your personal expenses?
Old May 22, 2009, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Daskid
Please note that I will never track the car and lets leave the mod addition out of the equation.

Thanks in advance!
Ha ha, we all said that at one time.
Old May 22, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

LOL

I thought DD was another acronym for color the of the car

Anyway, according to my mpg.xlsx, here it is:

15-miles to work each way. (of which 2 miles are city driving), average MPG 21-mpg.

$2.97/gal current market price for permium gas in So Cal
150-miles 5-days (7.1gallons, $21.21 = $150.85/mo on gas)
7800 miles/year
leasure miles aka weekends and what not 5000/year
GRAND TOTAL annual mileage: 12,800

Last edited by Gardo_Segovia; May 22, 2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old May 22, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

dont forget new tires, brakes, clutch, etc.
Old May 22, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
lets not make it complicated, shall we?

I believe Daskid is simply asking for a GAS expense. But if you are going to consider tires, brakes blah, you might as well include car wash, claybar, wax, armorall, vallet parking. Daskid might loose his mind before he finally gets the X.
Old May 22, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cedric
Well... are you really just going to use the car, to drive to and from work?? Are you going to be driving other places? It all adds up
I agree. But "leisure" drives would vary a lot from person to person. I will just assume the value for that based on the daily commute to work. Good point though!

Originally Posted by akemi27
wow, do you do this for all your personal expenses?
Nah, just this one. I would like to make sure that I can still save enough money for living a normal life.

Originally Posted by mmartahus
Yeah, those too. I know it won't fall under the "month category" maybe yearly. Those expenses would help as well.

Originally Posted by Gardo_Segovia
lets not make it complicated, shall we?

I believe Daskid is simply asking for a GAS expense. But if you are going to consider tires, brakes blah, you might as well include car wash, claybar, wax, armorall, vallet parking. Daskid might loose his mind before he finally gets the X.
LOL! Yeah, more ideas of expenses and quantities are welcome!
Old May 22, 2009, 12:59 PM

lol ****, I wish I could fill up once every three weeks instead of once every 4~5 days.
Old May 22, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Wait, why don't you just take the bus to work?
Old May 22, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dimitri13
Well I was driving about that setup in an MR, getting 21-23 mpg/300 per full tank. Seeing as how you're going to be driving 100 miles a week, that's a $40 fill-up every 3 weeks if you ONLY go to work and back. Since you won't be driving the 5000 miles, you'll be changing oil every 3 months. That's about $40-60 if you do it yourself.

Sooooo..

52/3 = 17.3 fill-ups @ $40 each = $692.
12/3 = 4 oil changes/year @ (avg) $50 each = $200
$692 + $200)/12 = $892/12 = $75/month.
(Hrm.. I dunno but that seems horribly wrong LOL.)

Add your insurance and premium, also this (however much that stuff comes out to).
Ditto, and I'm in a different but similar car. I get about the same mileage you guys get, and drive 10 miles to and then 10 back from work almost all on the freeway. Not counting extra driving or the weekends etc it winds up being about that same price, though self-done oil changes are a lot cheaper than 50 (wtf oil are you guys using? Does the X take more than 5 qts of oil? Or is the filter expensive? 20$ for oil, less than 10 for the filter, if I do it myself. It's about 50 for SUBARU to do it, and that's with full synthetic.)

But other than insurance, gas and oil changes wind up costing me just about 75 a month when I calculate it too, I drive a lot more than just to and from work though, it is a performance car afterall. More like 120/month.

Then tires, clutch, and brakes all get complicated because you can get different ones and cheaper kinds etc etc.
Old May 22, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well apparently for the lead foot drivers of the world you need to have 1695 on stand by to get anew clutch. I got my evo used and my clutch is perfect but i have no ideal if its the factory clutch or not. I just use my evo now to go to work and home 10 miles total and to my dads house or out and about and fill up every 2-3 weeks is all. I have a exedy twin carbon clutch in my room now just in case and for the fp red whenever i install it. other than that i think you are cool with DDing expenses. i have spent more money on modding the car then anything breaking in fact the only thing that has broke with my evo was the radiator. that only broke cause i was chaning the hoses and cracked it. Was a accuse to get a aftermarket one lol. Evo so far for me has been the perfect car. i dont beat on it except for when i leave work i punch it on the bridge but other then that perfect car.

Last edited by RockmanX; May 22, 2009 at 01:25 PM.