Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

419 Ft. Lbs Stock Turbo Stock Clutch FTW!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok first up. It is very possible to run 30 psi on pump gas. Secondly its very possible to do it on the stock fmic. I was running 28psi daily on stock injectors and stock fmic.

Some of you guys have no idea who Nate@TPG is but anyone with a dsm background will. He is a good tuner who was putting the shop 2g in the 10s on pump gas long before all of the evo owners jumped on the pump gas banwagon.

Go on youtube and search "tpgtuning"

To the OP, thats great that you made that much tq on the stocker but i hope you realize after a few launches the clutch is going bye bye

Originally Posted by baylorar
So, let me summarize:

stock turbo - 30 psi
stock injectors - 30 psi
stock cams (and stock springs/retainers) - revving to 8k

Let me guess, you also have full spool at 100 rpm right?

What do you not understand about "It's not physically possible?" The stock turbo, stock injectors can't do that. Period. I do not even care about your whp/wtq numbers.... Those are all relative to what dyno you are being tuned on. The pressure drop the turbo is providing, however, is not dyno specific.

I would LOVE to see your so called tuner chime in and refute what I am saying.

You are 100% incorrect.
Old May 29, 2009, 09:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thought about it but why fix something if it isnt broke! Yeah I know stock clutchs usually go out around 10,000 to 15,000 miles, I have replaced more than I can count. Why mine is holding up i donno but im going to leave it like it is until it starts taking a poop which might be anyday, and yes stock springs and retainers

Originally Posted by Ride927
whats first to go.

Clutch or motor..

and ur revving to 8k with stock springs and retainers?

wouldnt it be easier to just build it right the first time and skip the headachs
Old May 29, 2009, 09:49 AM

Thanks man its nice to finally hear somone on here with some sense. Yea I know the clutch wont launch, last year it was slipping trying to launch the car. At the track it went 12.8 @ 112 with a 2.35 60ft because I had to roll it off the line (Btw this was a complete stock evo with a cone filter, turbo back, mbc and re-flash)

Originally Posted by Remy
Ok first up. It is very possible to run 30 psi on pump gas. Secondly its very possible to do it on the stock fmic. I was running 28psi daily on stock injectors and stock fmic.

Some of you guys have no idea who Nate@TPG is but anyone with a dsm background will. He is a good tuner who was putting the shop 2g in the 10s on pump gas long before all of the evo owners jumped on the pump gas banwagon.

To the OP, thats great that you made that much tq on the stocker but i hope you realize after a few launches the clutch is going bye bye

You are 100% incorrect.
Old May 29, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

I still want to see the proof before I believe it...
Old May 29, 2009, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

30,000+ still on the stock clutch, 29 passes total, 25 in the last two months, 13 on BFG drag radials, 7964 RPM with a 100% stock engine and exhaust. 26psi tune 12.024@113.35 on 95 oct.

Last edited by Indy Evo; May 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clutch, RPM, and tune info.
Old May 29, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The power is possible but @ 28 psi your IDC will be about 110ish at 11.7 with stock injectors.

And I refuse to believe you have full spool at 1370 rpm especially on the street and since you have a tubular manifold.

Either way good job i suppose.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
^ 30,000 on mine, 29 passes total, 25 in the last two months, 13 on BFG drag radials, 7964 RPM with a 100% stock engine and exhaust. 26psi tune 12.024@113.35 on 95 oct.

Well, that's not really proof, nor is it 34 psi.. Dyno graph or time slips would help the OP tremendously.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:04 AM

the 1370 rpm was some random number because it was previoulsy posted that i was full spool at 100 rpm so sorry for that confusion, and with IDC all i know is we were seeing 99% @ 30 psi
Originally Posted by project_skyline
The power is possible but @ 28 psi your IDC will be about 110ish at 11.7 with stock injectors.

And I refuse to believe you have full spool at 1370 rpm especially on the street and since you have a tubular manifold.

Either way good job i suppose.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:08 AM

Ill get the dyno graphs to you guys tonite im at work right now and they are saved on a disc at my brothers. As far as track slip i got one from last summer but that was when it was basically stock
Originally Posted by TxEvo8
Well, that's not really proof, nor is it 34 psi.. Dyno graph or time slips would help the OP tremendously.
Old May 29, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Remy

You are 100% incorrect.
thank you, couldn't have said it better. and to the OP, FYI a 99% idc is about 89% actual idc given injectors are scaled at 513 being 560cc. Awesome #'s fo sho
Old May 29, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Lol not sure why people are calling bs. He ran a crapload of boost and made a torque number. It had been done before. Notice his hp was in the 370s. There's something holding him back up top. Quit the name calling and search for recent accomplishments over the past 2 years and you may find ones even greater than this.

Nice torque number and yea the clutch might hold it for a while, I would upgrade when you decide to keep the boost that high though. Thanks for sharing and keep modding
Old May 29, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ha ha I love threads like this. I'm not doubting you OP, but just once I'd love if people making big claims had their stuff together from post one, meaning pictures, graphs, weather reports, etc all the data, so the thread doesn't go to poo right off the top.
Old May 29, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Proof....graph, log, etc. Kinda odd to have 3 posts and making substantial claims.

Sure you can run 30psi on pump....for how long though. I don't care who your tuner is I guarantee your timing is low and you have high EGTs. No intercooler will combat the hot air you are pushing if you did a few back to back runs. You aren't holding 27psi either...I don't think anybody has done that and their are more than a few who have REALLY tried. Are you logging with a MAP or just going by a gauge? Odds are you aren't holding over 22psi or you would be making more than 370hp. 30psi is feasible some of your other claims aren't. If they are true indeed post results....I think we are missing a few details here....
Old May 29, 2009, 06:49 PM

The reason i dont post is because anytime you say anything thousands of people assume you lieing and that nothing you say is true so i normally dont even bother. I mean i could really care less what people think. I saw my car on the dyno, ive built several 700+ hp evos and dsms that are daily drivesr.I know the capabilites of the 4g63 motor. Regardless what anyway says im still goin to go on my way and probably never talk to those people ever again... live goes on... i will have the vids up in an hr

Originally Posted by dbsears
Proof....graph, log, etc. Kinda odd to have 3 posts and making substantial claims.

Sure you can run 30psi on pump....for how long though. I don't care who your tuner is I guarantee your timing is low and you have high EGTs. No intercooler will combat the hot air you are pushing if you did a few back to back runs. You aren't holding 27psi either...I don't think anybody has done that and their are more than a few who have REALLY tried. Are you logging with a MAP or just going by a gauge? Odds are you aren't holding over 22psi or you would be making more than 370hp. 30psi is feasible some of your other claims aren't. If they are true indeed post results....I think we are missing a few details here....

Last edited by 4DRSALOON; May 29, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old May 29, 2009, 08:31 PM

I love these threads! Yes the car made that power, I was there, I tuned it.

Here are the dyno sheets from the car, and also attached are the graphs from CB's 1G DSM I rencently tuned... 650awhp on Pump Gas and 24psi, 781awhp on Race Gas and 38psi on a FP35RHTA!

Haters have called everything we've done over the years b/s, its actually my motovation :-), and one of the reasons I only post on one forum regularly.

Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails 419 Ft. Lbs Stock Turbo Stock Clutch FTW!!!!!-boost-spike.jpg   419 Ft. Lbs Stock Turbo Stock Clutch FTW!!!!!-last-pull.jpg   419 Ft. Lbs Stock Turbo Stock Clutch FTW!!!!!-cb-pump.jpg   419 Ft. Lbs Stock Turbo Stock Clutch FTW!!!!!-cb-race.jpg  

Quick Reply: 419 Ft. Lbs Stock Turbo Stock Clutch FTW!!!!!