Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

dirty oil after 1800miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dirty oil after 1800miles

Hey everyone I had amsoil in my car last cahge and it got dirty after about 3k mi time to change any way but I got a free change from mitsu so I let them put mobil one in and in like 1500 miles it was dirty really dirty and yes they did change the oil. Is amsoil really that much better? I am ggonna swithc back since I was gonna put amsoil again in since I feel the car runs better. I am really suprised that mobil one is that far off from amsoil I thought amsoil was better but to last twice as long speaks poorley about mobil one. After this switch back I will try royal purple again like I has in my 06 cibvics si and That oil worked really well for me as well it made it rev really nice I bet amsoil and rp are comperable but I don't think I will ever use mobil one again.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

as far as i know, Mobil 1 is a synthetic oil, as such, it changes color rapidly. the fact that its dark brown, or even black, does Not mean its dirty, it just means its doing its job i have heard people leaving mobil1 in the engine (not evos) for up to 10k miles...

in general, Mobil1 is one of the best motor oils around....
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What Air Filter do you have?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Amsoil use detergents in there oil, which keep everything looking nice and clean.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jrlewis0550
Amsoil use detergents in there oil, which keep everything looking nice and clean.
detergents is that bad I am not a advocate for aditives if it will shorten engine life.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mdsevo06
What Air Filter do you have?

I have a k@n other than that car 100% stock sadley.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

AMSoil is the way to go. Here is my suggestion...put in the AMSoil and run that for a bit. I don't know how hard you drive your EVO but the second time you change your oil bump up the level of oil you use. I'm about to run the Dominator in mine. But AMSoil for me way outperforms Royal Purple. So much that I have a case of Royal Purple I cant give away. AMSoil all the way. PM me and I'll give you more information on it if you want...but if anything you take away from this post let it be DO NOT RUN ROYAL PURPLE!

See signature
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

You wasted a perfectly good round of amsoil motor oil.

If you think your oil was dirty after 1800 miles, then you have never seen dirty motor oil.

It is normal for ANY oil to change color after a very short period of time because there is still residual oil from the previous change in there, a lot more than you think.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

True. Once again...the link in my signature will explain a lot about AMSoil and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have, and set you up with some badass oil!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

I ran amsoil 0w-30 pretty hard for 6300 miles and it still had some life left... amsoil for the win

Currently running the dominator 10w-30 and will get it analyed when I am done with it
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by whitecomet
Hey everyone I had amsoil in my car last cahge and it got dirty after about 3k mi time to change any way but I got a free change from mitsu so I let them put mobil one in and in like 1500 miles it was dirty really dirty and yes they did change the oil. Is amsoil really that much better? I am ggonna swithc back since I was gonna put amsoil again in since I feel the car runs better. I am really suprised that mobil one is that far off from amsoil I thought amsoil was better but to last twice as long speaks poorley about mobil one. After this switch back I will try royal purple again like I has in my 06 cibvics si and That oil worked really well for me as well it made it rev really nice I bet amsoil and rp are comperable but I don't think I will ever use mobil one again.
you are not the first one to notice this, however it is very encouraging that you did notice this.

AMSOIL has propiertary detergents in the oil that will disperse any dirt or gunk, that is why you notice the oil stays cleaner, it also keept itself together better than other oils.

some people say oil is oil ,,, negative the engineering behind an oil is very important because is your engines blood
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

dude, put fresh oil in and drive around the block, the oil will be black if u check it, thats the oil doing its job
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evolved83
I ran amsoil 0w-30 pretty hard for 6300 miles and it still had some life left... amsoil for the win

Currently running the dominator 10w-30 and will get it analyed when I am done with it
because you were running the SSO ow30 wich is good for 35,000 K , many oil analysis reports has shown this also,,, so with that being said you still had lots more miles on that oil
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
because you were running the SSO ow30 wich is good for 35,000 K , many oil analysis reports has shown this also,,, so with that being said you still had lots more miles on that oil

wait a minute, oil is good for 35k miles?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
wait a minute, oil is good for 35k miles?
• Normal Service(3) – Up to 35,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• Severe Service(4) – Up to 17,500 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

the one shaded in bold aplies to the evo, because the evo is always concidered severe driven cars, 35k would be for your wifes car or your DD

Quick Reply: dirty oil after 1800miles