Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO IX for first car.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolved Logan, I see you removed your car out of the profile on the left... You can create a signature and put future models in there...
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at your age, you will MOST LIKELY race it, i dont recommend an evo, 80% people crash thier first vechicel, dont be ashamed of the civic, buy an Si, be proud, later down the line, learn about cars then buy an evo.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boricua_Evo
Evolved Logan, I see you removed your car out of the profile on the left... You can create a signature and put future models in there...
i will but for now im out. be back tomarrow, boricua_evo check this thread tomarrow or pm me. later
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by borievoinitialD
^^^ actually ur wrong and way to deviate mY proving u wrong .... And as far as swapping ur wrong again... The Ls/vtec conversion is way more desirable than the c1.... Pwned... So wikipedia ls/vtec ....
IMO id do the B18C1...
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
coming from a younger guy that was pretty much in your same situation id say no. dont get the evo. get the raliart if you want a mitsu. like most said this is your first car. your gona get stupid, your gona break something, and things are not gona go your way in it. happes to everyone no matter where or how they were brought up. my first car was a 89 240sx that i beat to **** for 2 months befor i got my brand new cobalt ss. freaking loved that car. was cheap, fun to drive, fast, and my parents werent worried about me killing myself in it. safe but not that fast. i waited for 4 years with my cobalt befor i figured i was ready to make that jump into an evo. you need to put on an adult mindset here and really think. does a 16yo really need to be driving a car that most adults cant drive? save your money and your energy on learning what you can about the evo then youl be completely happy with it.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eVoLvEd<>LoGaN
IMO id do the B18C1...
Ur opinion counts for nothing as I already discredited you from ne credebility....
Plus.... U'd rather have 1797 cc instead of the 1834 cc I'd have with a ls/vtec....
God bless u my dear son..... Hahahahahaha pwned and scared for life.....
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

how do you become friends with ppl on here?
im soooo tempted to answer that the way it deserves to be answered... but... this isnt the Off Topic forum.

so i'll just say this - most people are very friendly here, and are helpful too. just as long as you take your time, do a whole lot of reading before posting, and most importantly, never burst in here, guns blazing
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

It's a great car but damn it's expensive. Just realize the cost of insurance, plus premium fuel, plus synthetic oil, plus brakes, plus tires plus.. on and on...

For me, in total, probably around $340 a month for all above NOT including the car payment itself. So start modding or breaking stuff and it goes up real quick.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Geez.. Yall are some mean people on here... You can tell him the turth but dont be so hard on him..
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Life is short, get it! enjoy while you still young.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:10 PM

IM abt to be 15 is it a good first car, for after i turn 16 (has to last through college)

Ask my buddy's little brother how many tix he got in his Evo. Bought it when he was 15 (trust fund). Let's just say the trust fund couldn't keep the car in his hands beyond 8 months...
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with everyone sayin that u shouldn't get this as ur first car since I'm assuming ur not even experienced with a manual transmission, but I also agree that you should not let other people who you don't even know make this kind of decision for you,

I would say get a beater learn how to properly drive with a manual tranny so then you would avoid changin the clutch too often on the evo when learnin how to drive, its not fun to do a clutch job on the evo but I do my own repairs so I save some money there, I started with an eclipse, moved to a gs-t and then finally the evo. As much as I wanted to get a really fast car to begin with and show it off to my friends its only askin for trouble, because as much as you try not to do something stupid you'll probably get pressured into doin it anyways

I'd also advise you to go to some kind of track and practice, anything from defensive driving classes to actual track would help benefit you greatly, and take from me when I finally got my evo I had a very hard time keepin it under control, meanin the urge to NOT do something stupid lol, but lucky for me nothing serious happened.

These guys are right when they say no, but I'd at least expected them to respond politely, but I guess its because you asked a question that you should already know the answer to
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:38 PM

the truth hurts
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:42 PM

Take it from someone double your age. Buy a carppy little Honda, beat it to death and get an Evo when you can treat it right. These cars aren't cheap to tune, fix and insure. Unless mommy and daddy are clueless and want to pay for a 50/50 proposition to a funeral, you certainly can't afford to own this car the way you would like to.

Seriously. My first car was crap. My 2nd car was more crap. My third car was pretty cool. It's been gravy since then. Good things come to those who wait (and live).
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:00 PM

if you feel you're responsible enough to handle it, go for it. i got mine when i was 17 as a first car..

Quick Reply: EVO IX for first car.