Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What exactly is the SSS package?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly is the SSS package?

I'm looking at Evo Xs and I see "GSR SSS", what exactly is that? Sorry for my ignorance, just want to know the most I can before I commit and buy a car
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SSS stands for sight, spoiler, and sound. It's a special package you can get for the GSR models. This package includes the bigger spoiler (like the one on the MR), HIDs, and a better stereo system.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rands
SSS stands for sight, spoiler, and sound. It's a special package you can get for the GSR models. This package includes the bigger spoiler (like the one on the MR), HIDs, and a better stereo system.
Thank you
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

And the FAST key system...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously though, you could have used the search and got an answer to this in a minutes.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by evolvedx
And the FAST key system...
What is that? I'm trying to decide if I should just go with a GSR or is it worth the extra cash for an MR.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

The SSS package can come on both cars. It's not really a deciding factor between GSR and MR. The FAST key system is essential keyless go. You don't need to ever take the key out of your pocket to unlock doors or start the car.

If you are deciding between GSR and MR its really more like if you want manual or automatic. And by automatic, you guys know what I mean
Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darko
What is that? I'm trying to decide if I should just go with a GSR or is it worth the extra cash for an MR.
That's a tought choice right there.

Both are great cars.

Here's a little extra.

If you preffer comfort and rather sit back and enjoy the ride get the MR.

If you want to feel somewhat more in control and dont really care for leather or the softer suspension get the GSR.

I had an automatic vehicle right before the evo. Before that vehicle i had only driven manual transmision, i got the Evo because i like it, and because the automatic was just boring to drive everyday.
Good luck.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 05:38 AM

Sight
Sound
Spoiler
=
SSS package
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

it breaks down every option on Mitsubishis website...

SIGHT SOUND AND SPOILER PACKAGE
MSRP: $2000
HID headlamps • large rear spoiler • the Rockford Fosgate® 650-watt (max.) Performance Sound System with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-CD changer with MP3 capability • SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with prepaid six-month subscription • FAST Key™ entry and start system.

If you were really serious about buying this car you wouldnt ask this question on the forums. Unless you're really that lazy and expect us to just do all the work for you.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joowick
The SSS package can come on both cars. It's not really a deciding factor between GSR and MR. The FAST key system is essential keyless go. You don't need to ever take the key out of your pocket to unlock doors or start the car.

If you are deciding between GSR and MR its really more like if you want manual or automatic. And by automatic, you guys know what I mean
On the MR all that comes with the car as a standard.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
it breaks down every option on Mitsubishis website...

SIGHT SOUND AND SPOILER PACKAGE
MSRP: $2000
HID headlamps • large rear spoiler • the Rockford Fosgate® 650-watt (max.) Performance Sound System with 10-in. subwoofer, plus a 6-CD changer with MP3 capability • SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with prepaid six-month subscription • FAST Key™ entry and start system.

If you were really serious about buying this car you wouldnt ask this question on the forums. Unless you're really that lazy and expect us to just do all the work for you.
Tough crowd.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
Not to add to jerkdom, but I agree. Do your research very well. You are diving into a multi-year expense that will be very costly and hard to undo. I did over 6 months of research before I got the car. Search around the forums, read reviews and what not. I'm sure other members will be more than welcome to answer any questions, but I don't think you are ready to buy the car yet. If you're that unsure, do your research and wait for the 2010 models.

To add my 2 cents (Spoiler alert): SSS is worth it for the FAST and the HID lights. SOME people dislike the high spoiler and some loath the Rocksford Fosgate system. Go see the car at a dealer before you make your decision. In regards to the MR: Some find the TCSST "boring" to drive, some others disliked the "slippery" leather Recaro's. This will also have to be personal preference. The suspension and the brakes are a plus. Modding-wise, if you plan to mod or race the car the MR's tranny is more delicate, expensive, and harder to mod. There is still argument as to how much the MR tranny can handle and if it can be fully updated. Either way its gonna cost ya.

Last edited by thun712; Jun 23, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

where exactly is the 6disc changer located?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

and if ur doing anything to the car like body kits after mark wing subs ect its not even worth wasting the extra money

ps i did this now i have the extra body lip that came with mine and soon side skirts and rear lips and wing going to be siting in the garage bec i bought them in carbon fiber u have to sit down and think about what ur going to do first man i didnt get the sounds system for this reason bec i knew i would replace it so why spend the extra money on something if u dont got to man trust me its hurts the bank account just making payments more less replacing **** u paid extra for

Quick Reply: What exactly is the SSS package?