Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie Modder needs help with shopping list

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys I have the "Injen crap." My car is pretty slow too...

Looks like trash? Looks are subjective.

No t-bolts? Funny, I run at 27 psi all day and never have had any LICP or UICP blow off.

Not even an upgrade? I want to know where you get that claim from. I made 345/344 with just a TBE and tune. After the Injen kit + EPM dump, I gained 24 whp and 34 wtq. You mean to tell me that I gained THAT much power from the dump alone? Oooook.

Then again, you are toting DEFI gauges out of all things...gauges that have proved time and time again to be inaccurate eye candy.

Last edited by JBud72; Jul 10, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by allister
BUSCHUR BUSCHUR BUSCHUR BUSCHUR!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd go with them for everything possible IMO. And if you life on the western side of PA then you are totally within driving distance to get it tuned. And they have everything on your list.
+1 man...cant go wrong....if i had it to do over again, id go all out buschur
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
The lower pipe isn't even an upgrade.

The setup looks like trash.

No t-bolt clamps=worthless.
How's it look like trash?

And that's why you buy t-bolts, duh.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by JBud72
Looks like trash? Looks are subjective.
I agree. And what I said is obviously my opinion.
No t-bolts? Funny, I run at 27 psi all day and never have had any LICP or UICP blow off.
I can't even count the amount of times I blew my piping off with worm clamps. Never an issue with my t-bolts. I'd much rather have the extra insurance with t-bolts and not have to worry about my LICP laying in the middle of the freeway.
Not even an upgrade? I want to know where you get that claim from. I made 345/344 with just a TBE and tune. After the Injen kit + EPM dump, I gained 24 whp and 34 wtq. You mean to tell me that I gained THAT much power from the dump alone? Oooook.
Compare the stock LICP to the Injen and tell me how much of an upgrade it is. Never said the intake doesn't make some power... I did specifically say the LICP.

You also conveniently left out the fact you upped the boost somewhere in there.
Then again, you are toting DEFI gauges out of all things...gauges that have proved time and time again to be inaccurate eye candy.
That's funny, since my logs seem to agree with what my Defi reads. The Defi also reads exactly like the Stewart Warner I had prior to it. You want to talk about an inaccurate POS, we can talk about the Autometer I had.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by QwikEVO
How's it look like trash?

And that's why you buy t-bolts, duh.
Looks like trash=my opinion (and that of a lot of other people as well).

Why buy t-bolts when you can get a piping kit that comes with them (like my ETS kit or the Buschur kit)?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I agree. And what I said is obviously my opinion.

I can't even count the amount of times I blew my piping off with worm clamps. Never an issue with my t-bolts. I'd much rather have the extra insurance with t-bolts and not have to worry about my LICP laying in the middle of the freeway.

Compare the stock LICP to the Injen and tell me how much of an upgrade it is. Never said the intake doesn't make some power... I did specifically say the LICP.

You also conveniently left out the fact you upped the boost somewhere in there.

That's funny, since my logs seem to agree with what my Defi reads. The Defi also reads exactly like the Stewart Warner I had prior to it. You want to talk about an inaccurate POS, we can talk about the Autometer I had.
I agree. I'm sure you can squeeze a bit more power out from pipes like ETS and such. But that is not to say the Injen is a total waste of LICP. I didn't leave out the fact that I upped the boost, because I didn't. Boost stayed at ~27 psi from when I ONLY had a TBE to when I added the intake/IC pipes and dump. And like I said, I doubt the EPM dump alone (while it is a quality piece) gave me a large ~25 whp 35~ wtq gain.

As for the Defi's, I'm surprised truthfully. A lot of people on here have reported them to be as much as 2 psi off compared to a MAP sensor log. But yeah, Autometer is absolute trash
Old Jul 11, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

injen is junk!!

it is way too heavy, double at least of all others!! its made from potmetal garbage, and its as long if not longer of factory pipes!! Sure it is cheap and you can get it in a neat little kit that comes with all the pipes... put its garbage

I believe that that dump can contrible the majority of those gains!!

i love my nisei pipes!! super light, perfect fitment, and color or shine you want, comes with awesome couplers, hose technique FTW and tbolts!! cant be beat!! i am also very impressed with ets's products super high quality!!

AMS and buschur both are proven to be leaders in everything, you can never go wrong with any of there products!!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Jbud,

I'm shocked that you're making that much power! That's good news because my 06 mr will be tuned on saturday with your mods. You don't have cams changed? How can you push 27 psi?? isn't that too much boost until you change that fmic or radiator? Things are looking promising for my results. WHat hp/torque were you at the beginning with no mods?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

In my experience in modding cars, I've found that its best to not go cheap on parts. Get the good stuff on the first go around, and you will save a lot of money in the long run.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
everybody has a opinion on parts. its completely your choice and how much you want to spend. FYI just cause its does not cost that much does not mean its junk. Pick parts based on your goals or rather follow the advice of your tuner they usually will not steer you wrong. There are way to many fanboys on this site that think only 3 companies are gods at producing parts for a evo completely false so find a part you want and do research on that part and if the negative outweighs the positive then dont get it but saying you cant make power on injen pipe system is completely false and stuipd i have seen a 700+hp evo running that system. i have done extensive work on my injen system and completely happy with it after i made some changes now is it perfect no is it the best nope but it gets the job done easily so i can spend money or MORE IMPORANT PARTS like turbo upgrade intercooler and the all important built shortblock
Old Jul 14, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks all for the advice. I do photography as a hobby and definitely like the advice of buying right the first time. It certainly does save money in the long run. I just happened to have a chance encounter with dan buschur (didn't know it at the time) on another forum. Needless to say he's going to work me up some good numbers for doing some work. I'm pretty excited.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metalsaber
^^

Thanks. I do live in Western, PA. Still would be a haul out there, but would be a good weekend trip.
It would be more than worth it for the tune....
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
It would be more than worth it for the tune....
Working out the details with Dan as we speak.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metalsaber
Thanks all for the advice. I do photography as a hobby and definitely like the advice of buying right the first time. It certainly does save money in the long run. I just happened to have a chance encounter with dan buschur (didn't know it at the time) on another forum. Needless to say he's going to work me up some good numbers for doing some work. I'm pretty excited.
Think you mean David.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:25 AM
Account Disabled

Yea, I don't think you can find Dan on the forums.