Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie Modder needs help with shopping list

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mx4life85
Think you mean David.
Nope. I mean Dan and I ran into him on another forum.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you find Dan?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

arfcom
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

intake i would go with perrin, there is a test around here that show perrin and buschur performed the best where as it appeared perrin did better filtering
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Broham
Jbud,

I'm shocked that you're making that much power! That's good news because my 06 mr will be tuned on saturday with your mods. You don't have cams changed? How can you push 27 psi?? isn't that too much boost until you change that fmic or radiator? Things are looking promising for my results. WHat hp/torque were you at the beginning with no mods?
Nah, stock cams. 27 psi is possible depending on the car and it's supporting parts, and your tuner. My car is running safe.

I never baselined. My first tune was with TBE and drop in filter.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBud72
Nah, stock cams. 27 psi is possible depending on the car and it's supporting parts, and your tuner. My car is running safe.

I never baselined. My first tune was with TBE and drop in filter.
I'm running 31 PSI on a stock block and stock head minus a set of Buddy Club racing spec 2 cams in 264 intake/272 exhaust duration. It has a Peakboost GT30R FTW kit with a AEM EMS, and Trust T1-R titanium exhaust. It was also tuned by Chris Black at AMS. I drove from Kentucky to Chicago just for my tune. Believe me it is worth every penny to take a car like this to a reputable tuner. OH almost forgot it has a Snow Performance methanol injection kit also.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

I'm supposed to get tuning done at DTM in chantilly,va. I spoke to the tuner and he seemed very intelligent and had a lot of trophies etc and I'm goin for stage 1 on saturday. mbc, intake kit and tune. I have a down pipe and exhaust already. I've heard negative things about ams maryland and good things from ams chicago. I'll be the guinea pig and see how it works out on saturday. Are there any people on here with a true negative experience from DTM? if so anything you can share? thanks
Old Jul 15, 2009, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure DTM is a pretty reputable shop here on the forums.

I havn't personally ever been in contact with that shop, but I have heard good things from this forum about them.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Nick is an awesome tuner at DTM. He is one of the best on the East Coast. AMS Performance (Chicago) and AMS Tuning(Maryland) are totally different companies. You wont be sad after your tune from Nick! Very good shop with quality people working there!! You will get nothing but positive things about DTM if you really want to check them out and there work. Check out DCEVOCLUB.com There work is really big on that website!! GL!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info guys. I figured DTM would be great so I'm excited to see how things work out.