Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

funny cluncking noise while turning... Not half shaft

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny cluncking noise while turning... Not half shaft

Hello, new to site from the pacific N.W. I've had an 03 evo for about a year now and slowly been adding mods. Also been driving a 95 gsx for around 5 years. Recently I've been getting a knarly clunking sound coming from the front end in first gear while taking tight turns. I know this totally sounds like a bad half shaft but I have inspected them and they are fine. I have gone through a few sets of axles on my gsx and they never sounded anything like this. Like I said it's a knarly clunk not a classic click. I changed the trans fluid and a little gray but was nothing I would be too concerned about. Anyone got any suggestions? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIFF maybe? gotta use LSD oil for the differential, or at least use the LSD additive.
If not, then also check all motor/trans mounts. Anything beyond that, look into suspension and wheel assembly.