Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo IX MR vs Evo X MR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 04:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I was kinda on a tear last night. The evo x is by no means a piece of junk. The X GSR is fairly decent but I much rather stick to my ix mr. But to each his own.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 08:47 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
CZ4A and CT9A owners get along here. The X has plenty of track records to prove it is anything but a broken old man. If you prefer the IX, that's cool, and understandable. Some of us track junkies prefer the X though.

I recently created a thread.... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ing-my-mr.html.

I'm done with the 5 speed. In hindsight, I'd much rather have the SST back. At the track, nothing compares to the shifting speed and efficiency of the SST. I'd always run it in Super Sport + manual mode at the track. Between automatic rev matching and quick shifts, it left the ability open to concentrate on left foot braking. The 5 speed just doesn't compare at the track. As I've said in the other thread, I can rev match with the best of them, especially with my SRP pedals. But that quickly wears off when you're being pulled on by a car with a dual clutch through the S's.

Personally I'd like to concentrate on the rubber on the road and hitting the perfect apex vs trying to get a perfect rev match and balancing left foot clutching and left foot braking.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both are Evo's no need to get crazy fellas. Everyone has their own preference. IX MR for me.
Evo FTW.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android