Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

From S4 to Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah its used with 9000 miles which is not that bad, carfax report and everything. Dealership said if i find something wrong with the car when i pick her up they will refund my money no questions asked. Does it look like it has the stock aero package???

BTW thanks for the bluetooth info.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Damn.. I'm a current Audi owner and have been looking for Evo Xs. You slayed it as far as the price/options/mileage on that car! I'm in the D/FW area and can't believe I missed this. If you don't want to post, PM me with the dealership's name.
Congratulations on the new car, you'll love it!
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, it has the OEM Aero Package.

I used to be on Audizine for a long time -- let me tell you that you will find alot more information here. Also your X will be a lot faster than your B7 S4. I came from an A3 with full Oettinger Aero and StaSis Alcon brakes -- I am much happier with a modded X!
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

I almost forgot to ask, how bad are X´s on gas??? My S4 gave me 15 City, 22 Highway

Originally Posted by j///M
Damn.. I'm a current Audi owner and have been looking for Evo Xs. You slayed it as far as the price/options/mileage on that car! I'm in the D/FW area and can't believe I missed this. If you don't want to post, PM me with the dealership's name.
Congratulations on the new car, you'll love it!
Hey man i got it from bonham chrysler in bonham texas which is an hour drive from dallas. It was the last used x they had only bad thing is its going to need tires soon, but im gonna change the wheels anyway so Fck it!!! Should i go 19´s or 18´s on this car???

Originally Posted by JayDub514
Yes, it has the OEM Aero Package.

I used to be on Audizine for a long time -- let me tell you that you will find alot more information here. Also your X will be a lot faster than your B7 S4. I came from an A3 with full Oettinger Aero and StaSis Alcon brakes -- I am much happier with a modded X!
Nice to see another fellow audiziner, yeah man thats what im hoping for, the s4 is pretty top notch in luxury and top end power but i wanted something a bit more aggressive and fast im glad i chose the X. Once i drive it i will let you guys know how it compares to the S4.

Last edited by pcasso87; Aug 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

what was done to your S4? damn that was one clean car...

the X needs 19s to look good since the car is so tall looking, especially since the rear fender is so huge

as said with 8k you have a lot of headroom to mess around. once you drive the X you can figure out how you like it. but if that X is still stock (untuned), it is going to be slower than **** and possibly even choke on its own fuel in the higher RPM range. that's what my stock X did.

with just a tune with zero bolt-ons my X gained 50whp, so if you've got 8k to play, 02 housing, downpipe, test pipe/high flow cat, catback, a cold air intake, boost control via ECU or boost pill/assembly or MBC, and a tune from a GOOD tuner (very important, research a lot on tuners before you make your decision), you will make damn near, if not more than 100whp from stock.

or you can just put on a bolt-on bigger turbo like the Dominator 2 with injectors and a fuel pump and make some more power on pump gas; though keep in mind you will sacrifice some spool time...so it's your pick. the X, like the previous Evos loves higher octane fuels and e85 and makes loads more power with them, so if these fuels are readily available in your area then you can explore those options as well.

once your power level is up there, however, be aware of your clutch...the X's isn't strong at all. As well, depending on how you like the stock GSR's suspension/ride quality, you may decide for or against a set of coilovers...i personally think the X handles amazing in stock form (even versus good handling cars i've driven/owned like the s2000, 350z, e46/92 m3, b7 rs4, etc), but maybe you want a nice set of coilovers with a good alignment and some other suspension tweaks to fully maximize the handling potential

lastly, track days...that's what the X is built for, and it looks like your pocket can provide the fun

a tuned X will also spool a lot quicker than a stock X; mine gained about 1000rpm of spool time...so whatever you do, get a GOOD tune on your X asap!!

Last edited by fusionchicken; Aug 9, 2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
for the extra 8K you can make that EVo X a very exiting car...
Even for Porsche drivers never mind S4

Congrats!
You will love the car after the 8 grand you spend on it in a right way .
Old Aug 9, 2009, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Car looks great man and congrats! If your looking for mods the basics can be done for less than 8k. Intake, exhaust, boost controller, front mount and tune can probably be done for around 4k give or take and then you could use the other 4k to get wheels and tires (as you stated you needed new tires and could get a NICE set of 19's for that money) or you could start working on the suspension and get a good set of coilovers. Its up to you though mate!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
what was done to your S4? damn that was one clean car...

the X needs 19s to look good since the car is so tall looking, especially since the rear fender is so huge

as said with 8k you have a lot of headroom to mess around. once you drive the X you can figure out how you like it. but if that X is still stock (untuned), it is going to be slower than **** and possibly even choke on its own fuel in the higher RPM range. that's what my stock X did.

with just a tune with zero bolt-ons my X gained 50whp, so if you've got 8k to play, 02 housing, downpipe, test pipe/high flow cat, catback, a cold air intake, boost control via ECU or boost pill/assembly or MBC, and a tune from a GOOD tuner (very important, research a lot on tuners before you make your decision), you will make damn near, if not more than 100whp from stock.

or you can just put on a bolt-on bigger turbo like the Dominator 2 with injectors and a fuel pump and make some more power on pump gas; though keep in mind you will sacrifice some spool time...so it's your pick. the X, like the previous Evos loves higher octane fuels and e85 and makes loads more power with them, so if these fuels are readily available in your area then you can explore those options as well.

once your power level is up there, however, be aware of your clutch...the X's isn't strong at all. As well, depending on how you like the stock GSR's suspension/ride quality, you may decide for or against a set of coilovers...i personally think the X handles amazing in stock form (even versus good handling cars i've driven/owned like the s2000, 350z, e46/92 m3, b7 rs4, etc), but maybe you want a nice set of coilovers with a good alignment and some other suspension tweaks to fully maximize the handling potential

lastly, track days...that's what the X is built for, and it looks like your pocket can provide the fun

a tuned X will also spool a lot quicker than a stock X; mine gained about 1000rpm of spool time...so whatever you do, get a GOOD tune on your X asap!!
Thanks for the tips man, im kinda glad i went the evo way it seems like its a very tunable car. Im gona order a clutch and flywheel soon, turboback should be on its way next week.
The S4 had, H sport front and rear RS4 swaybars, H&R coilovers, 19¨ BBS CK wheels, hid fogs, blackout grill and trim i hate chrome, JHM short shifter, Milltek Catback and Downpipes, K&N drop in filter, Unitronics Stage 1 chip I managed to run a 13.2 Quarter mile in Vancouver Canada which is decent for the s4 which is a pig.