Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Driving from Chicago to Newport...Tips?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving from Chicago to Newport...Tips?

Hey guys, I'm driving my g/f back to school tomorrow and I'm going to be putting around 2k miles on my car. I know I know, I should have a different DD but I just picked this evo up and want to take a road trip to get fully acquainted Would anybody have any tips on long distance highway driving? Best way to save gas and go easy on the car?

I had an oil change last week and had all my fluids topped off , full inspection and what not.

Any tips?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Make sure your tire pressure is good because that will decrease your miles per gallon. Also make sure you check the car for any loose intercooler piping hoses just in case one of them decides to pop off. Keep a tool kit in your trunk and as long as you stay out of boost, you will keep your rate of gas consumption minimal. Just like you have stated, full inspection is a must. Oh and please keep your spare in the car. You don't want to drive that far without one. When you get back just make sure you get an oil change. Have fun and good luck with her!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should be surprised what you get for mpg on the highway!! and pay attention to the speed limit signs....remember it's a holiday the cops will be out in force!!