Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

HOW-TO: Search EvoM.net properly

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
HOW-TO: Search EvoM.net properly

I see alot of threads and post where people say, when they search, they get too many results and think the search feature on EvoM is poor.

But its not the search feature, its just that people dont know how to search properly. So I have decided to write a How-to

THINGS YOU WILL NEED

-A computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, pc, mac)
-An EvoM acount (not required, but makes searching easier)
-a topic to research

For example, say you wanna read more about the "megan O2 housing" for a EVO VIII/IX

Now, if you just enter "megan O2 housing" in the search drop down box, you'll get way too many threads, including for sale threads and such.

The proper way to search would be to click "advanced search" in the search drop down box, when on the "Search Forums" page, enter "megan 02 housing", then make sure to select "Search Titles Only".

This will only bring up threads with "megan O2 housing" in the title. But its still bring up for sale threads.

To have an even more precise search, when on the "Search Forums" page, make sure to select "Lancer Evolution 1-9 forum" (or the appropriate forum) under "Search in Forum(s)". This will eliminate for sale threads and newbie threads (for the newbie section) that have no info. You can also select multipule forums to search in by clicking on them while holding the CONTROL key.

The next complaint I heard about the search feature is when someone wants to find some specific information in a really big thread.

To search a single thread, when in the thread, go to the top of the page, and click "Search this Thread", then enter the keywords for the info your looking for in the drop down box.

Example: If you want to find some thing pertaining to "megan O2 housing" in a big thread about all aftermarket O2 housings, then you'd enter "megan" or "megan O2 housing" into the "Search this Thread" drop down box.

** I know that when entering "megan O2 housing" into seach, that the "O2" will be NOT be included in the search, because it is too small. I only used "megan O2 housing" for examples sake.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Oct 12, 2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 12, 2009, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol Thank you sir...
My day have been brightened...