Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

ticking noise on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ticking noise on acceleration

I have searched for this, but have not found anything. When I accelerate slowly I often here a ticking noise. It is usually 4 or 5 ticks and then it is done. It happens more when the car is cold, and seams to do it more if I am pulling out around a corner, but it happens in a straight line as well. I was just trying to make it happen, and it seams that it only happens when I start out. Even if I slow to idle in second and accelerate I do not here it.
If I start fast I do not here it, but that could be because the engine makes more noise. THis is not a new issue, and it is possible that it has always done this. I can't really remember when I first noticed it.

Any thoughts.

Last edited by icole; Oct 13, 2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it a suspension tick or an engine tick?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure. I thought it was front differential or transfer case, but it happens in a straight line as well. When you are going straight the parts in the differentials shouldn't move at all.

This morning I pulled out quickly and I did not here it. Every morning when I pull out of my driveway at normal speed I do here it.

I just realized the ticking sounds exactly the same as the sound I here when I spin the propeller on my 225 outboard motor in neutral when it is on the trailer.

Last edited by icole; Oct 14, 2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

I never found out what was wrong with my car, but I assumed it might be related to my clutch somehow. I am in the middle of a clutch install right now between 40 hours of work and 12 credits, so when I get finished my install, ill update my thread to see if it is still there.
See this thread for what seems like the same issue: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...el-turned.html
Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 92gsxbaltimore
I never found out what was wrong with my car, but I assumed it might be related to my clutch somehow. I am in the middle of a clutch install right now between 40 hours of work and 12 credits, so when I get finished my install, ill update my thread to see if it is still there.
See this thread for what seems like the same issue: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...el-turned.html

Sounds like it might be the same thing. I am not sure it is a problem. It is much quieter then a bad cv boot, and it has not gotten worse over time. I have had Hondas with bad cv boots, and I know what that sounds like. I guess I will just keep ignoring it, until, or unless something stops working.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:28 AM

probably your axle , same thing happened to my G35 couple at 1and 2nd gear