Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: gauge option
equipped
29.61%
not equipped
70.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

factory gauge option

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
factory gauge option

do you have it
no you don't have it
Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

i dont
Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

i got it and i took it out so their weres that catagorie
Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why would i pay mitsu's price for a factory gauge that has yet to read accurate boost on any mitsu cars... I'm happy with my SBC-iD's reading of boost
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

nah...
Old Oct 22, 2003, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

The parts dept. at my local dealer was letting all Evo accessories go for cost. They were not selling well, so I bought pedal covers, shift knob and guages. I got the guages for about 200 which is a good deal considering you get 3 readouts. It came with all the parts you need to install including the lower DIN panel which you need. Also, no hassles since it's a genuine part. I will admit, the boost guage is not great and location in hard to read. I may relocate them to where the radio is.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Whats the other two read outs? Is the boost gauge quality or is like a DSM boost gauge, there to do something while your bored.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 06:39 AM
DGS
Evolving Member

I got the gauge kit with mine, just because I can't imagine having a turbo car without a boost gauge. It's not very accurate, but it tells you when you're on boost, so you know how much you have to idle cool the turbo before shutting down. But then, you could also use an aftermarket boost gauge or a turbo timer. But this is what you can get from Mitsu.

The other two meters are oil temp (handy) and voltage (huh?). The weird thing is that, even with the Mitsu gauge kit, there's still no oil pressure gauge on the car. (weird).

The dealer install isn't in a very handy location. See the "installs" section for threads on swapping the gauge kit with the stereo. But the gauges use white illum versus the red used elsewhere, and it doesn't dim with the rest of the instruments, so you might want to think twice before moving it up.

Overall, I'd rate it "better than nothing". It could be much better.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Does anyone know where I can just get the panel? Mitsu wouldn't sell it to me without the gauges.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does'nt the boost guage max out at 18psi on a 19plus psi car? WTF
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

no it goes to 1.5 bar with is about 22psi
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

i have the kit and i relocated it with the radio...and it is accurate.. and serves its purpose...let you know when your hitting full boost. the oil temp is a good guage and so is the voltage to let you know how your accessories are effecting performance
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

they won't sell the panel? It's used in all Lancer models, not just for the guages. It's really for an audio device for the lower DIN. It IS sold separately from the guages and comes in your interior color.

Also, the guages are very good quality, just poor location. My boost reads pretty much right and also the vacuum reading is right on. the boost reads in Bar though.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:39 AM

The dealer install isn't in a very handy location. See the "installs" section for threads on swapping the gauge kit with the stereo. But the gauges use white illum versus the red used elsewhere, and it doesn't dim with the rest of the instruments, so you might want to think twice before moving it up.

IF you remove the gauges, you can pull the light bulbs out from the back and remove the blue covers and replace with red and paint the bulbs with a high heat red. I did this on all gauges and buttons so that everything in the car matches.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

The guages look better up top, but my hand is always going for the radio and I don't want to accidently bump the shifter since it's so close. Also, loading a CD would be hard with the shifter in the up position. Looks good, though.

Quick Reply: factory gauge option