Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just got a 2010 evo X

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got a 2010 evo X

I was wondering I got a good deal or not. I'm leasing it for 460 a month 2grand down. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on how much you paid. I'd never lease a vehicle, it would cost me too much to own. Plus if I pan on driving it more than 12K a year that would drive me crazy. I'm happy to have 0% on my '08 with nothing down. But everyone is entitled to do what they want. You just have to put it in perspective over the life of the loan.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

I did the math on it while I was sitting in the dealership. After 1 year it will cost me 5561 dollars for the car (including the price of the down payment over 48 months) and since I commute to NYC everyday via the bus the millage isn't a problem for me since the bus stop is only mile away from where I live. After the 4 year lease I calculated that after the 14000 buy out on the car it would cost me almost 40gs for the car which I figured would be what I would pay anyway if I was to finance the car (after interest). As of right now I have never owned or leased a car this would be my first and my credit score is only a 650. So im kind of in the dark with what I am doing. That was why I asked if this was a good deal or not. I still cant believe the dealership let me take the car as a tester for the weekend to decide if I want to go through with this this deal or not.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:18 PM

damn thats cheaper then when i bought my integra brand new in 2000 so yes that is a great deal
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah If this all goes through well I'm going to be so stoked
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:52 AM

The residual value of these cars (what the estimated value of the car is after your lease term also known as buyout price) is kinda low for Evo's...so you always have the option to sell it for more than 14000 and pocket the difference to help out as well. That way you will have lower monthly payments, and a bit of possible cushion in the end. It's not always guaranteed but seems very likely for our cars.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why did you lease an EVO? now you can't even make any modifications to it? I think paying more down woulda helped your payments alot. I woulda recommended financing it at 0% at 60 if mitsubishi is still doing that.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
Why did you lease an EVO? now you can't even make any modifications to it? I think paying more down woulda helped your payments alot. I woulda recommended financing it at 0% at 60 if mitsubishi is still doing that.
I would have loved to do that too But unfortunately Mitsubishi is offering 0% for 36 months only right now. Whoever got in on the 0%/60 last year/earlier this year got a sweet deal.

I wouldn't say lease is all bad, there are more people doing it nowadays. I think you could get away with the basic mods too but nothing too crazy if you plan to get warranty service/turn the car back in.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:32 PM

Leases are never a good deal. You want a good deal? Buy a used one where someone else has paid the depreciation on it. You can get a great deal on a used one where you will be owning it for probably a better monthly payment than that and it is yours.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

Call the Dave Ramsey radio show and ask him what he thinks of fleasing oops I mean leasing.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought mine out at South Coast Mitsu. And definitely glad I got in on it when I did. I was looking at buying a 8 or 9 but, the resales of the 8 and 9's were so high I went for the X. Good luck with leasing the EVO...its a great car

Originally Posted by Moshi
I would have loved to do that too But unfortunately Mitsubishi is offering 0% for 36 months only right now. Whoever got in on the 0%/60 last year/earlier this year got a sweet deal.

I wouldn't say lease is all bad, there are more people doing it nowadays. I think you could get away with the basic mods too but nothing too crazy if you plan to get warranty service/turn the car back in.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 02:09 PM

the leased for mitsu is 359 plus down payment of 3 gs thou. i got it for 330 with 5 gs down for 48 months. the only reason i leased for the lower monthlys i plan on buying the car at the end with the lump buy out and its cheaper then buying it outright if you can pay the end nut balloon payment
Old Nov 23, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on the ride. Have fun with her and don't let anyone else touch her.. remember cars and chicks have LOTS in common, if they perform well, they have a nice front end and a nice *** its a keeper !
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 08GtsLancer
the leased for mitsu is 359 plus down payment of 3 gs thou. i got it for 330 with 5 gs down for 48 months. the only reason i leased for the lower monthlys i plan on buying the car at the end with the lump buy out and its cheaper then buying it outright if you can pay the end nut balloon payment
Where did you get quoted the price for 359 and 3 gs down. I went to allstar mitsu in Sayerville off of 36. My credit isnt that great and I just got out of college I think thats the only reason I got my rate at 460. If my credit was better I would have financed the car. And as for mods Im just happy to have the car and plan on keeping it the way it is for a bit. Def going to throw a turbo timer on it thought. Thanks a lot for welcoming me Im so stoked.