Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Why should I get an evoVIII over an e36 M3?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Got_Boost
another thing is your insurance is prolly cheaper with the evo (4 door, awd) vs (2 door, rwd) "sports car"
It may not, since they also have a 4 door bimmer, so pretty sure it will be like "sports coupe". When I had 350z, they put my car as coupe, since 350z had convert.

Edit: humm my post kinda confuse...lol

Last edited by Chef-j; Jan 5, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chef-j
It may not, since they also have a 4 door bimmer, so pretty sure it will be like "sports coupe". When I had 350z, they put my car as coupe, since 350z had convert.

Edit: humm my post kinda confuse...lol
does a convert. have an effect on insurance?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thebillsman
does a convert. have an effect on insurance?
When i bought Z, insurance told me that i was lucky that company put them a seperate insurance rate for 350z. Mine was coupe and i believe convert was little more than my coupe. I don't work for insurance, so i can not give you any comment on that. But you should contact with your local agent, since every state has diff rate. Btw, at that time i had an insurance with allstate ( NY/MI )
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:39 PM

I made my decision and it's the M3/4/5 to whom it may concern. Thanks for the help and putting up with this dumb thread, I hate threads like this as much as the rest of you but I needed it
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:32 PM

evo!!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
That Mid 90's M3 is one of the best handling cars ever made period. That being said some Minivans sold today would beat it in a straight line.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:06 PM

I made my decision and it's the M3/4/5 to whom it may concern. Thanks for the help and putting up with this dumb thread, I hate threads like this as much as the rest of you but I needed it
FAIL...
and dont forget oh never mind... next
Old Jan 6, 2010, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
That Mid 90's M3 is one of the best handling cars ever made period. That being said some Minivans sold today would beat it in a straight line.
Hahaha, btw op congrat and good luck!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

I've been going back and forth for months. I hate asking questions that pertain to personal preference, objectivity and car comparisons but I honestly need help. Every day I see the wonders of the evo, whether it's that video of the 2.4 sk'd 4g63 at 30psi walking a paxton supercharged viper or just of some kid plowing through 8 inches of snow.. I just want the VIII. But then again there is something about that 1998 M3/4/5. Four doors, Five speed. A subtle sport sedan that can more than handle its own. There's just something about the luxury that BMW offers. There isn't too much on the inside of the evo besides the seats and steering wheel.. and its not the most comfortable ride for a daily driver. The bimmer is an upscale interior with a solid motor.

I don't know, convince me?
just get the bimmer... ur obviously not ready for an evo.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The M3's are nice vehicles, I prefer the e46 over the e36. The e36 should be a bit cheaper, but the Evolution will go faster for less money and still have that new car feel.

Good Luck!

Michael
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 2plaz
just get the bimmer... ur obviously not ready for an evo.
you're dumb.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 04:12 PM

If you can get a M3 that i would get one. i have had a sti evo and a C32 amg and have drove a M3 with new smg forgrt the new mane and its just the bestthe only down is its not awd but the other factors kill our cars no matter what any one says.M3 all the way dude
Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not ready for an evo, who the hell are you? You don't know me or know anything about me, I have a car history that puts your little japanese economy car on roids to shame.

PLEASE! not ready for an evo lol

like i said
Old Jan 6, 2010, 09:33 PM

you're ridiculous man, real clever copy and pasting the private message. i stick by what i say though, i've got to. i must say im pretty frustrated that you decided to do that but i guess it's your only defense.. i made up my mind and i dont really need to be at this forum any longer, think what you want but at the end of the day its still just a lancer, on roids.. thats just my .02 and i apologize if you hate it. people told me as soon as i join an evo forum im going to want to get something else, and they were right.. weird.

peace evom, thanks for the help

ps. i actually almost got an evo.

[edit] lol pss. i got into your signature too! haa damn im gonna be a legend around here now

Last edited by thebillsman; Jan 6, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:30 AM

you're ridiculous man, real clever copy and pasting the private message. i stick by what i say though, i've got to. i must say im pretty frustrated that you decided to do that but i guess it's your only defense.. i made up my mind and i dont really need to be at this forum any longer, think what you want but at the end of the day its still just a lancer, on roids.. thats just my .02 and i apologize if you hate it. people told me as soon as i join an evo forum im going to want to get something else, and they were right.. weird.

peace evom, thanks for the help

ps. i actually almost got an evo.

[edit] lol pss. i got into your signature too! haa damn im gonna be a legend around here now
I want to see that list cause I'm intrigued how you went from a long list of these "nice" cars to a Mini Cooper S to wanting an Evo8 or E36 M3... Current value for those cars are less than a new Civic BTW.

If image is such a big deal for you, even on the internet then get the BMW. A man of your stature deserves better, a Lancer on roids is not worthy for you.

Quick Reply: Why should I get an evoVIII over an e36 M3?