Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newb, wheels question (ENKEI)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010 | 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newb, wheels question (ENKEI)

Hey y'all. I've been lurking around for a while now, evo's have allways been my secret fetish but now I had a reason to register so might aswell do a little intro.

I'll start with the question.
I've been considering some enkei wheels for my car and was looking for someone who had an experience with RPF1's ant NT03's on their car.
You guys seems to be the best ones to ask since you are alot rocking 9.5'' wheels in similar offset and have clearing issues too.

I'd be pretty much borderline with NT03's 18x9.5 +27 (my first pick) before poking out of the front fender. This wouldn't be an issue if those wheels would clear my brakes. Thing is I could not afford to use an extra 8-10mm spacer cause it would make it unlivable.

Now RPF1's have been tested on the same car (18x9.5 +38) and they needed an 8mm spacer to clear the front calipers.
Now my main question is how would the 2 wheels compare when it comes to clearence. Would those 11mm make the difference for the spacer needed on RPF1's or the wheel is completely different dimension wise and I would most likely need spacers. (if any of you have experienced both sets?)

Thanks for the answer, if there is any

Now on the intro.. well our cars have something little in commun (evo X), that beeing the world engine.
I drive a caliber SRT-4, stage 1 with bolt ons running 306WHP/314WTRQ, pretty much limited with S1 limitations of torque.

Have some more go fast goodies on the way from Realtune, including their S2 turbo(modified stocker), injectors and am still undecided on the tunning solution. Aiming at daily 400whp. (there both cars ran 11's with this turbo).

And some pics:

And this is to show you the clearence of RPF1's 18x9.5 +38 (+30 with 8mm spacer)