Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Going to get an Evo X. Dunno what I'm getting myself into, honestly!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to get an Evo X. Dunno what I'm getting myself into, honestly!

Hey all,

First of all, let me make one thing clear: I don't know much about cars. Lol..

I'm going to college soon, and since I live up north I've been looking into getting an AWD car. I hate SUVs, love turning heads, and to be frank, the Evo X's design KILLED it for me

So, I was wondering... is an Evo X just too much of a car for me? I'll be parking it a lot in the schools parking lots, and when at home I'll have a garage, but I'm wondering if TOO MUCH attention could be.. a bad thing? Will the car force my attention its way too much? Also how many of you guys use your Evo X on a daily basis, for regular, ordinary things (like going grocery shopping, or something - lol).

I already know I can afford one, I just don't know what to expect or even what kind of trim to get. Many people are telling me that the MR Touring isn't worth it for the price, but I'm loving the interior (heated seats too!) + no giant spoiler.. Also, was wondering, if I remove the spoiler on a MR, would the car still run nicely?

Thanks for your time guys. I'm definitely a noob in need of help!!!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I don't have one yet, But have test driven one before, & you do get a lot of attention it's a big head turner, I don't think you'll get bad attention unless you drive bad which makes sense, & no taking the wing of won't make the car run any worse, You could go ahead and get the MR - Touring; It comes with sunroof, small lip spoiler on the trunk, heated all leather seats. Just check out the Mitsubishi site and build your own and see the specifications in each Evolution model, it's your best bet at understanding everything, Good luck!

Here try this link if you haven't already:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...imsAndPacksTab
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by MAKK7
I don't have one yet, But have test driven one before, & you do get a lot of attention it's a big head turner, I don't think you'll get bad attention unless you drive bad which makes sense, & no taking the wing of won't make the car run any worse, You could go ahead and get the MR - Touring; It comes with sunroof, small lip spoiler on the trunk, heated all leather seats. Just check out the Mitsubishi site and build your own and see the specifications in each Evolution model, it's your best bet at understanding everything, Good luck!

Here try this link if you haven't already:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...imsAndPacksTab
I have, and I'm just really wondering if an evo would be too much for a college-kid's lifestyle.. but i'm starting to think that i should just go BIG or go home and get the damn thing. lol.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

how about start saving for a deposit on a house rather than blow all this money now, then when your set up then get an evo ... atleast thats what im doing ...

less attention, get a RA, similar amount of fun
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by stEVOx
how about start saving for a deposit on a house rather than blow all this money now, then when your set up then get an evo ... atleast thats what im doing ...

less attention, get a RA, similar amount of fun
my funds are in check. this would be a gift from a relative (not my parents).

And thats true. one thing i hate about the ralliarts are the front linings on the grill, but i can take that off too