Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: What is the best car modified thats both reliable and good for a daily driver?
Evo X
16.67%
Evo IX
64.81%
Evo VIII
24.07%
STI
3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Evo X vs. Evo IX vs. Evo Viii vs. STI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X vs. Evo IX vs. Evo Viii vs. STI

which is best for a modified reliable daily driver car?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:36 PM

Lets here what everyone thinks?
Help me out i need to know what everyone thinks to help me decide on a car asap please.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:44 PM

Honda civic.

Seriously, if you searched any of the other numerous threads asking the same exact question you'd find the answer you're looking for.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

hey man, if you do a little research it has been proven that the evo 8 is more than capable of being a great modified car. the evo 9 is also a great car considering the mivec and bigger hotside turbo. but like you mentioned, once you modified it makes little difference. the sti takes twice as much money (comparing my stage 2 (clutch, flywheel, mbc, turboback exhaust, filter etc to my buddies sti with the same mods). the new sti has great breaks and usability bc of the hatch, but other than that it feels slow as heck. feels almost like a rsx vtech just waiting for the turbo to kick in. if i could pick any US based evo, i would pick a evo 9 rs in white. beautiful car great performance. gl with your decision and welcome to the forum. search as much as you can....
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by mr. happy
Honda civic.

Seriously, if you searched any of the other numerous threads asking the same exact question you'd find the answer you're looking for.
lol, i know hondas are reliable and all but thats not the question and i am only considering on getting one of the above cars thats why i posted this thread.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by boostedtres
hey man, if you do a little research it has been proven that the evo 8 is more than capable of being a great modified car. the evo 9 is also a great car considering the mivec and bigger hotside turbo. but like you mentioned, once you modified it makes little difference. the sti takes twice as much money (comparing my stage 2 (clutch, flywheel, mbc, turboback exhaust, filter etc to my buddies sti with the same mods). the new sti has great breaks and usability bc of the hatch, but other than that it feels slow as heck. feels almost like a rsx vtech just waiting for the turbo to kick in. if i could pick any US based evo, i would pick a evo 9 rs in white. beautiful car great performance. gl with your decision and welcome to the forum. search as much as you can....
Go with the VIII. I did
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by boostedtres
Thanks, for the helpful info.
Ive heard from many people that the sti cost way too much to mod. conpared to the evo.
Is it also true that the Evo can make more power and runs faster times then an Sti both fully modded to the max?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 05BlackBeast
Go with the VIII. I did
Lol, i will be stepping up from a 3000gt too.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Evo X hands down. Climate control, rockford fosgate, steering wheel audio controls, cruise control, informational center dislay, lots of airbags, ACD which is incorporated with AYC that makes up the S-AWC, 350 whp tuned with just bolt ons.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

yes you are correct. the evo will make more power than the sti with similiar mods. not to mention you have to consider they drastically need to upgrade to a FMIC instead of a top mount to avoid serious heat soak resulting in power loss. everything on the sti is more expensive. where as the evo has an open ecu, most tuners (not all but most) require you to have an accessport to dyno tune your car (600-700 bucks). they do have advantage of the 2.5 liter block meaning a littl more torque easier, but i kind of like the fact that the evo follows the WRC regulations and stays with the 2.0.

that being said, i have ridden in a evo X and really liked how it drove. very neutral and has the creature comforts the other models lack. if you want anymore input, I would be more than happy to share what little knowledge I have, simply PM me. GL with whatever route you choose and I will talk to you about HP and tourqe vs the sti from first hand experience via PM. lmk what else you need, take care,

Ryan
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by awdturbopsi
Lol, i will be stepping up from a 3000gt too.
Nice. What model and year? Any mods?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
How is this different from your other thread, really?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:10 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ease-help.html

inb4dalock
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 05BlackBeast
Nice. What model and year? Any mods?
'

White 1999 Base 3000gt stock.
Very Slow lol.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:26 AM

Just curious does anyone know the current record holder and time/mph for the fastest 1/4 for an Evo X, IX, VIII, and STI?