Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo = Dream car?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on Evo!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The U.S. doesn't know the Evo like the rest of the world does. Every European car nut I've ran into has nothing but upmost respect for the Evo.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:08 AM

love the evo....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

My Evo is a budget dream car for now. It will be the benchmark I use to base every car purchase off of in the future. At 28, I don't know how much longer I will continue to be a Boy Racer.

As for a real dream car... The worlds fastest car... The 1287 WHP SSC Ultimate Aero!

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-121008.php
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

I really love my Evo...and they will bury me in this thing, but it's far from my dream car(s).

The thing I really love about the Evo is that you don't see old women driving them around (example being my old 350Z), if you see them at all. The Evo also creates a certain amount of respect between it's owners. Pretty much everyone that I run into that owns one is a pretty decent person, which makes the ownership experience better.

So dream car no. Dream car for the current financial situation, most definitely.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:46 AM
SLK

The Evo is my dream daily driver. But my dream car is still a Aston Martin DB4 GT. But the Evo doesn't compete in anyway that the DB4 does so there is no comparison of the two in my eyes.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:01 PM

it's deffinaly my dream car im poor lol.... One day i'll have one.. god helps me.! Right now im rocking a b16 xD ... vroom vroom
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nightwalker
The U.S. doesn't know the Evo like the rest of the world does. Every European car nut I've ran into has nothing but upmost respect for the Evo.
I agree. Although I think there is a certain respect/love for the car more so than alot of others. I think your "dream car" has alot to do with what stage in your life your in. I've had at least 5 guys tell me they love the Evo and if they could have any car they would get it...however they were all under 27/28 or so and are fixated on it for their own reasons.That most probably will not be the same for a 35+ guy whos had conquerable cars. A "dream" car depends highly on what cars you've had ...and although you dont have to be able to afford your "dream" car...it can play a factor. I love my Evo...i love it so much i decided to pay it off and keep it instead of upgrading. That being said...my "dream" car right now isn't my Evo it is my baby though.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Its my dream car...in its price range. I would still love an F40 more.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For me the evo might not have always been my dream car, but certainly after I saw one I knew I wanted one. Now that I own one I do not want anything else as in the terms of replacing my evo. If this one needs replacing it will be with another evo either 8 or 9.
I do not make big cash to be able to afford some of the more expensive cars, but again after owning the evo that is fine with me. In the winter I can get where I want with ease, in the summer I can curse in a car that sounds great and looks awesome in my opinion. If someone gets cocky about my little “4 banger” I know I can either give them a good run or better them.

Are there other cars I would like to own? Sure, there are plenty of cars I think are cool and would love to drive. But when it comes down to it I am an evo fan all the way now. If by some strange occurrence I could not have an evo I would most likely step over to the other side for a STi.

For the money you cannot do better than the evo in my opinion.

Raistlin
Old Mar 8, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

These guys are pretty muh speaking the truth. I have a 3 year old, and how many cars can you take to the track pushing 5-600hp and then go home and put your daughter in the back with the groceries. I'm not the richest guy on the planet, but i plan on other project cars. My next is a '69 vette, but no matter what, im keeping my evo. I always wanted something to keep in the garage as a track car and a car i can drive to work if i wanted to, and this is it. It doesnt get much better. Someday i want my daughter to be able to in it and get to drive "daddy's first race car".
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:12 PM

i dunno about evo being a dream car, but for sure, is a really fun car to drive.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

I always loved my evo but its not a dream car to me.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:55 PM

Ive been dreaming everyday of a evo for more than 2 years, since tuesday the dream came thrue
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by merlin00069
I agree. Although I think there is a certain respect/love for the car more so than alot of others. I think your "dream car" has alot to do with what stage in your life your in. I've had at least 5 guys tell me they love the Evo and if they could have any car they would get it...however they were all under 27/28 or so and are fixated on it for their own reasons.That most probably will not be the same for a 35+ guy whos had conquerable cars. A "dream" car depends highly on what cars you've had ...and although you dont have to be able to afford your "dream" car...it can play a factor. I love my Evo...i love it so much i decided to pay it off and keep it instead of upgrading. That being said...my "dream" car right now isn't my Evo it is my baby though.
All age does for you is flush out of your mind the idea of a "dream car". At 63 and retired I am past worrying what anybody thinks of my ride. Instead, I want value for money spent and here is where the Evo makes its mark for me.

Last edited by barneyb; Mar 8, 2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: type

Quick Reply: Evo = Dream car?