Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo = Dream car?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is something about this car that makes it a dream car to me. The confidence that it will go anywhere I point it. The feeling that it will always be just fast enough to put that 6 figure car in its place. The waves of other Evo owners in what kind of reminds me of my parents in their van back in the 70's (yes I am old)

My car offers me a lot of what most cars cannot. Looks, performance, kid friendly, and dependability. When you consider all these things together, it adds up to as much bang for the buck as you'll ever see out of a car. If you want to add more cash, it can truly compete with anything.

People will remember seeing that first Ferrari or Lamborghini when they were young, but they will always be talking about the Evo that lapped em both on track day...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:51 PM

i wasn't into cars but when the first evo 8 came to the US my uncle bought one. i thought he was nuts.. But then he let me drive it and it was GREAT THE BEST THING EVER. At that point i knew right when it was my dream car. i waited 4 years and now look an WW EVO 9 MR BABY!. im not that kind of a guy who likes car. im more of a gamer. but still after driving my uncles and now having my own im in love and i feel like i completed my dream.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
3 years, 45,000 miles, $0 spent on repairs that weren't caused by my own stupidity.
+1 ^^
STWHOLLYWOOD I don't know where find Evo as unreliable from but mine has not cost me much other than me buying aftermarket parts to modify it to make it better and faster. Now that it's more powerful, I had to replace my clutch due to a few launches at drag tracks
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:33 PM

i'm probably about 90 percent of the people out there who dream to have an r34 vspec. but to really think about it would someone really drive that thing everyday as a daily? and to be honest I actually hated the evo when it came out, but it has actually grown on me recently all thanks to, believe it or not, my mom. It started when i was pestering her about buying my own car and upgrading from my current crappy 93 camry to probably a prelude, but she then said that if i waited she'd split a car with me but her conditions were that it had to be AWD. low and behold i began looking at evo's and hopefully by the summertime i'll be an actual member of evom
Old Mar 9, 2010, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

The evo to me is more of a temporary solution, I like it. But I will never love it.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikkyk97
i'm probably about 90 percent of the people out there who dream to have an r34 vspec. but to really think about it would someone really drive that thing everyday as a daily? and to be honest I actually hated the evo when it came out, but it has actually grown on me recently all thanks to, believe it or not, my mom. It started when i was pestering her about buying my own car and upgrading from my current crappy 93 camry to probably a prelude, but she then said that if i waited she'd split a car with me but her conditions were that it had to be AWD. low and behold i began looking at evo's and hopefully by the summertime i'll be an actual member of evom
Coming from someone who has driven a modded r34 gtr vspec and from someone who daily drove an r34 gtt for a couple months they are not that much fun. Stock they are about as boring as you can get but they do have unlimited potential.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by K1tt3n5
Coming from someone who has driven a modded r34 gtr vspec and from someone who daily drove an r34 gtt for a couple months they are not that much fun. Stock they are about as boring as you can get but they do have unlimited potential.
Maybe boring compared to those heavily modded ones but you have been living too much in the modded world. In the real world, everybody drives camrys, civics, buicks and suvs. Except cars costing around 3x + what our evos were new, only the STI and a few other cars have the same fun factor as ours.

Heck everyone I know, except my 'car friends' have something slower than my (basically) stock IX.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

it's true. but then again, thats why most of my "car friends" say that since they have owned an evo, it will be hard to have anything less now. most people either want to stick with it or get something better. unfortunately, something better is going to cost you upwards of $50K.....
Old Mar 9, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

6 years ago I owned an Alfa Romeo 155 and loved it more than anything, then I drove a WRX STi, it automatically became my dream car, 1 year ago I drove another one and felt the same way, and then.. I drove an Evo.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silkey00
it's true. but then again, thats why most of my "car friends" say that since they have owned an evo, it will be hard to have anything less now. most people either want to stick with it or get something better. unfortunately, something better is going to cost you upwards of $50K.....
And with it you do get more. You get something better in more ways than just performance. You get rid of the ricer persona that comes with every evo no matter how clean or modded and fast it is.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:57 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by K1tt3n5
And with it you do get more. You get something better in more ways than just performance. You get rid of the ricer persona that comes with every evo no matter how clean or modded and fast it is.
Ironic, given the opening post in the thread.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:25 AM

Subaru=reliable
evo=????
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:43 PM

the EVO has definitely been my dream car from the first time i saw one. didnt understand why my roomates picked subaru over it. and now i'm finally making enough money to afford one and picked one up last month, and am living the dream.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:40 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Price to performance sold me, as I don't have a 'dream car' per se.

This video also had a hand in that decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--MVinu88TA

Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo was and is my dream car and one day I will grace the driver's seat again of one...

Quick Reply: Evo = Dream car?