Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo = Dream car?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo = Dream car?

Yesterday I went out to the local track where I know an exciteable Italian guy who spent the last 30 years tuning cars. He now runs a shop preparing cars for local championships in China.

Anyway, I wanted him to look it over and at while talking cars he said the Evo 9 is his dream car. At first I thought he was trying to be nice, but he was serious, said he prefers it to any Porsche, Lambo or Ferrari... and this guy is as Italian as it gets!

But I think I'm beginning to understand why....there's nothing pretentious about an evo, no leather cladding, no attempts at fobbing it off to rich playboys. It's the result of a bunch of really smart engineers getting together and squeezing all the speed and power they could out of a regular, cheap car.

Another friend who owns a tuned Cayman S came with me for his first ride in the evo and said it feels stronger than his car in second and third....he even said he's envious....of a car that costs 4 times less than his! (in China)

This thing is really beginning to grow on me, the savage turbo kick, the incredible cornering and it is as about fast as anything at the speeds that actually matter. I used to think I'd want a GT-R or an M3 someday, but maybe this is it, maybe I will never want another car after this one.

Anyone else still have a dream car beyond this one or are you gonna have an evo 'till the day they drag you off to the funny farm?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm i keep thinking the same. But my evo is nice with 400whp i just need some more power and a nice suspension setup. Then yeah i like 3 more evos one a daily one a track car and one for rally haha
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

gt3 rs
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

I'm going to always have an evo in my garage. first car i've owned and i've fallen in love. When i graduate grad school i'm going to buy a GTM kit car as a present but it won't ever take the place of the evo.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

evo is also Japanese for unreliable. dont get me wrong, i love my car, but i love it more when its not broken
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:14 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stwhollywood
evo is also Japanese for unreliable. dont get me wrong, i love my car, but i love it more when its not broken
What did you do to it?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:49 AM

Its been my dream car since I was a kid, and now I have one. I have been a BMW/Audi guy, but the bang for your buck with this car is unbeatable.

Its an affordable race car.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

I think my Evo is "A" Dream Car for me.
I have different types of dreams of different types of cars and the Evo is one of em.....
Always a good dream of course LOL!!!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:39 AM

In my case i always wanted a car that you can have fun on the track and be able to turn on the ac and go home.After owning BMW, Turbo Rx7 and MR2, the Evo is perfect.
Good brakes, Turbo , seats, suspension and in my case i can ride with my family ( 4 doors!), Even my old man likes it!. So far I'm very satisfied with the vehicle, i'm looking forward to turn it into a reliable 400-450 machine.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:51 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by K1tt3n5
gt3 rs
+1. I like my Evo, but it's no dream car!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stwhollywood
3 years, 45,000 miles, $0 spent on repairs that weren't caused by my own stupidity.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
What did you do to it?
+1 Any cars are allways broken down when not treated right. I've had mine for over 4 yrs and not one problem occured. I tracked it once and never launched it other than @ the track. Take car of Her and she will do the same IMHO.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

^ +1 the only time mine is in the shop is when im adding crap to it... never broken down on me
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
What did you do to it?
Agreed. This is maybe the most reliable Mitsu you can buy. I drove my car from hell and back and it still runs like a champ.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
Agreed. This is maybe the most reliable Mitsu you can buy. I drove my car from hell and back and it still runs like a champ.
I Have run through 3 mitsu's in my family and no major issues with any of em. longest running is a 180k diamante and a 160k 01 Galant.

Hope i can get my beast that high

Quick Reply: Evo = Dream car?