Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Help me plz, Car wont start

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LGshow19
im having the same problem pretty much... it will just crank, but wont turn over.

Mods-
TBE, ETS intake, tune...

i checked the hoses and vacuum lines... didnt work. Made sure MAF was connected... didnt work. Changed Fuel pump... didnt work. I disconnected the spark splug, but left it connected to the coil pack/wire and cranked it to see if there was a spark. Nothing no spark, so im thinking its either the spark plugs are bad, coil packs, or spark plug wires.
yea bro i did all that myself. hmm.. you think maybe it could be the cam angle sensor?? someone had brang that up to my attention, i juss dont know how to check that

Last edited by tonylocc; Mar 24, 2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by mifesto
when you pulled out the spark plug and cranked it to see if it ignited, did you ground it?
you know what to be honest i didnt i justed pulled it out held it with some pliers and cranked it.lol

Last edited by tonylocc; Mar 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

yea i grounded it to the coil pack bolts... no spark.

We found my problem(fuse is blown)... 20 amp under the hood. It keeps blowing though, so we are trying to find out why.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tonylocc
you know what to be honest i didnt i justed pulled it out held it with some pliers and cranked it.lol
i'd try finding a local evo guy to borrow the wires etc for testing. also did you get to verify your injectors are working?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

We found my problem(fuse is blown)... 20 amp under the hood. It keeps blowing though, so we are trying to find out why.
so you have a positive line is grounding out somewhere......... maybe a small portion of your main harness has a slightly melted cover and its touching metal. i've seen that before.

i know my friend's accord had his o2 wire cover slightly worn off (from rubbing against the cat) and it ground out blowing fuses constantly and ofcourse starting problems too.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by mifesto
i'd try finding a local evo guy to borrow the wires etc for testing. also did you get to verify your injectors are working?
yea i will jump on that fu sho, and havent checked out the injectors yet... cuz i dont know how......dam i feel hella dum
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:59 AM

thats coo you found out the problem,,, i think i need to go back to lookin at the fuses again
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

i double checked the fuses and found a blown one...

As far as o2... mine was rubbing against the body cuz it was loose, i re-tighten it... hmm o2 causing fuse to blow?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The cam angle sensor could have a crack in it, usually from heating up and it being flimsy plastic. I had this issue and it sucked, a friend suggested it to me and it was it. Odd how a little piece caused such mayhem.

As for the blown fuse guy, make sure your starter is seated properly, I had the same issue as you also and it drove me insane. Turns out my starter was cracked where it meets the disc and it didn't effectively rotate causing a massive amp draw and POP!! Went through MANY expensive fuses due to a battery relocation kit having the block audio fuse in it, not cheap.

Hope this helps guys....
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
The cam angle sensor could have a crack in it, usually from heating up and it being flimsy plastic. I had this issue and it sucked, a friend suggested it to me and it was it. Odd how a little piece caused such mayhem.

As for the blown fuse guy, make sure your starter is seated properly, I had the same issue as you also and it drove me insane. Turns out my starter was cracked where it meets the disc and it didn't effectively rotate causing a massive amp draw and POP!! Went through MANY expensive fuses due to a battery relocation kit having the block audio fuse in it, not cheap.

Hope this helps guys....
so you replaced that wire plug deal thats connected to the cam angle sensor right?? ..
thankz for advice

Last edited by tonylocc; Mar 24, 2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

well my problem is fixed!!! After a day and a half of troubleshooting.

My rear o2 sensor was rubbing the frame and ended up showing some copper. It had the "bung exstension bolt" connected to the rear o2, so it wouldnt show the "check engine light".

Im glad i got it fixed... oh i also installed my Walbro FP thinking that would fix the problem. At least i got that install out of the way.

Good luck with your problem man, its Evo initiation!!!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:09 PM

well my problem is fixed!!! After a day and a half of troubleshooting.

My rear o2 sensor was rubbing the frame and ended up showing some copper. It had the "bung exstension bolt" connected to the rear o2, so it wouldnt show the "check engine light".

Im glad i got it fixed... oh i also installed my Walbro FP thinking that would fix the problem. At least i got that install out of the way.

Good luck with your problem man, its Evo initiation!!!
haha fu sho glad to hear that, now its time for me to get to work.
advice was much aprecaited