Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Help me plz, Car wont start

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me plz, Car wont start

first of all wuddup guys im pretty much a newbie went from an integra to a 2003 evo. Anyways i have a big problem i bought my car like 4 months ago and doesnt wanna start! Ppl were telling me to check the cam angle sensor, check for loose connection, ect.. when the problem first happened i was able to start the car, after messin with it, and sure enough it would start., but it would be fine for a couple of days then it would happen again. I would pretty much repeat the process untill i got tired of it.lol. anyways when it would start i noticed allot of back pressure from the hose connected to the throttle body,it would whiplash like no other,(thinkin it could be the stock bypass valve not opening up all the way) juss a thought. Now ppl are sayin check the wastegate??? ummmmm..(dumb founded) ii have no clue. So someone pls help me i need a ride to go to work i hate relying on ppl to pick me up.

o yea i forgot to mention that it dosent do the clicky click noise, it`ll fire up but wont turn over...i think thats the right term. anyways like i said can someone pls help me im dyin over here without a car. So any advice or suggestions would really help Thanks
Tony

Last edited by tonylocc; Mar 17, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:15 PM

pleaseeeee someone help me
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

does it crank but doesnt catch or just clicks?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:21 PM

it`ll crank but wont catch. it doesnt make any sort of clicking, o yea i would like to mention the only code im getting is high idle control does that serve any purpose of it not startin?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Take it to the shop before u really screw it up. If u dont have the cash wait till u do. Sorry to be kinda hard but I know from experience I have tried to fix stuff that I didnt have a clue what I was doing and it ended up costing me alot more than it would have. Good luck man.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

make sure every fuel injector connection is well seated.... your problem could be simple as the block not getting the fuel
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you are not sure, Please get at least a mitsu tech/shop to look at it. Do not go around poking at stuff to see if it helps.

I would say check for fuel injector pulse and spark. Even compression if it spins quickly.How many miles on the car??
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by monkeyfish76
Take it to the shop before u really screw it up. If u dont have the cash wait till u do. Sorry to be kinda hard but I know from experience I have tried to fix stuff that I didnt have a clue what I was doing and it ended up costing me alot more than it would have. Good luck man.
no no i understand that was the reason i was trying to fix it myslef cuz i have no money right now and i thought it was a simple fix like a honda,,but its not a honda lol but thanks for the advice
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by mifesto
make sure every fuel injector connection is well seated.... your problem could be simple as the block not getting the fuel
true i will check that
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by 4RETECH
If you are not sure, Please get at least a mitsu tech/shop to look at it. Do not go around poking at stuff to see if it helps.

I would say check for fuel injector pulse and spark. Even compression if it spins quickly.How many miles on the car??
yea thats what i was gonna do becuz i dont wanna further go on any other probblems. but what do you mean by the injector pulse.....thanks for advice
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhhh how did you start it after "messing with it?" and what exactly did you "mess with?"
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by 4RETECH

o yea i forgot to say i have 85XXX on it
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
ahhhh how did you start it after "messing with it?" and what exactly did you "mess with?"
well first i was checkin if i had any loose connections in any of the wires, checked if i was gettin spark and checkin the fuses and relays that was it, o yea and pretty much juss had it sittin for like 30 minutes but now it juss wont start at all it juss sits in the garage
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

im having the same problem pretty much... it will just crank, but wont turn over.

Mods-
TBE, ETS intake, tune...

i checked the hoses and vacuum lines... didnt work. Made sure MAF was connected... didnt work. Changed Fuel pump... didnt work. I disconnected the spark splug, but left it connected to the coil pack/wire and cranked it to see if there was a spark. Nothing no spark, so im thinking its either the spark plugs are bad, coil packs, or spark plug wires.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

when you pulled out the spark plug and cranked it to see if it ignited, did you ground it?

Quick Reply: Help me plz, Car wont start