Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

About to buy a 2010 GSR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmkIII
i wouldnt touch a new evo with a 10 foot pole... i hope you did your research my mann...
-2010 sti "limited" is 33k. mitsubishi warranty sucks ***.
I am not joining this debate this time.

Originally Posted by nine3shoof
I seriously considered another STi, but I just cannot get used to the looks. I know that is 100% subjective, and I can't say I really like the Evo either, but I do prefer it to the STi. And there is definitely an appeal to having both to compare..
It will be great having both. While they are very very similar in performance when it is taken as a whole. Both cars are very different when taken in pieces. Especially going from an older STi to the X, since both the X and the GR STis have vastly improved their interiors.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:53 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nine3shoof
Oh... something else that affects my choice... my company is kind enough to pay me a car allowance, and I get to choose my own car. They don't pay for a car over three years old. So an older Evo is out. Nice problem to have, though :-)

I seriously considered another STi, but I just cannot get used to the looks. I know that is 100% subjective, and I can't say I really like the Evo either, but I do prefer it to the STi. And there is definitely an appeal to having both to compare.

Jim M.
Buy the evo and keep it stock, and be done,,,,, maybe TBE, intake and tune,, or just stock

nice company to work for,,, who you work for
Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tipoytm
Everyone has different experiences with Mitsu warranty, I for one have zero problems so far (having owned two), and so do a lot of other owners. If you mod your powertrain/drivetrain and that caused your car to fail (due to improper modding), then sure, Mitsu has the right (and they should) to refuse warranty work. You gotta pay to play. This is the same for other brands too, don't tell me that Subaru will accept warranty work if you mod your engine and that caused the engine's failure... everyone and their mom knows that's just BS.
0 mods
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by apagan01
Buy the evo and keep it stock, and be done,,,,, maybe TBE, intake and tune,, or just stock

nice company to work for,,, who you work for
When I bought the STi, it was with the following guidance...

"4-door, at least 4 seater, less than 3 years old, and presents a positive company image." I listed a Subaru Impreza, they said "Certainly. Very respectable." This one is a "Lancer".

I have been offered an HKS cat back system at a good price, so might start with that and a tune. And hope the bug doesn't bite, as, like some others, the wife is happy to let me buy my toys, but not to spend money modifying them!

Jim M.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blkmkIII
0 mods
Eh, then you are one of those guys that has bad luck on warranty. Why don't you tell us what happened, it might help.