Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Looking into a high mileage evo.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doesnt sound to bad for whats in the car, make sure all the meintnance is dont becasue evos are VERY expensive to maintain, i drove an 03 with 95k miles and it was perfect, now i have an 06 ixmr with 38k miles, i bought with 32k miles and ive put a good sum of money into it, but its definatly worth it
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:20 PM

I brought my 06 evo at 51k stock and I thought that was high milage..
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

get them down to 12800 or at least closer to 13k

cars in general are more expensive in CA ive noticed, but yeah def check to see if they have any maintenance records and such this should be a huge part of buying any used car.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

Thats way too much...my friend just baught one in Nevada for 12.5 with 90k in similar condition to that one. And also try to get one from a private party if you can, one of my other friends got one from Washington private party for 14 with 80k in awesome condition with a small fender ding
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Private parties are always cheaper but it's harder to get a bank to give you a loan like you'll need someone to co-sign with you and all. My friend was having a hard time trying to get an Evo through private party because they would not give him the loan for an 03 without a co-signer. He then found an 05 and didn't need one but they go for a few extra $2k-$4k more, unless of course you find someone that just go laid off selling a car.

Since this car is through the dealership, it should be a little easier to finance through them. Either finance through them of they'll find you a bank that will finance you. A lot easier if they do the searching for you. Of course, they have to charge their cars a little higher then private parties because they do safety inspections, do maintenance, all the small things.

But of course, don't rely on the dealership to fix everything. I got my car from the dealership and never knew it had a broken boost solenoid, rust on the trunk, mis-aligned wheels so my front tires went completely bald after 2k miles... At most, they installed a new clutch before I picked it up.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by dpacific
120k miles here, going strong.
$14k sounds like a great deal depending on the condition of the car - I bought mine for $21 with 75k miles on it.
You got screwed.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

I'm about to buy another evo with 85k miles. Same price as the one your looking at.. I would do it if u have about 5k emergency money stashed away just in case.. Like u said, u really dont know if its been modded, but the one im getting is gonna remain stockish and be my DD, so my case is a lil different than yours.. Good luck
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 rs 133k running strong
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

1. Definitely too much money for the amount of miles.
2. That black wing looks ghetto IMO
3. As someone said it looks lowered has IX tail MR headlights. The ACT sticker should tell you that the clutch was replaced (not a bad thing if the current clutch is ok....obviously) You can see the turbo heat shield was removed so who knows what was done to it...O2 housing turbo etc etc.. Im willing to bet beers and lunch on it that that car has had a decent amount of modifications done to it in the past. Well by decent i mean at least the basics...

If you can find someone that knows their way around ECU Flash around your area have them pull the current tune and see if its stock or not. If it is that doesn't meant it was never modified but if it isnt its a sure sign that somebody slopped it back to stock and didnt do it properly...

Good luck.

Ethan
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:13 PM

UPDATE: First off thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it. I just got home about an hour ago from finally test driving the evo (first time driving one). Alls i can say is WOW! I see why you all love your cars. The miles on this car will fool ya, right away you could tell it was taken care of. The ride was very smooth, all gears shifted like silk. It seems like a steal at this point.

I went ahead and filled out the credit app. Since it was late the salesman will have to get back to me tomorrow with the banks verdict. WISH ME LUCK.

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:13 AM

I would be careful with buying from a dealership i bought my 04 evo 8 in 06 with 24000 then by 30000 all the brakes, rotors, pads, tires, and clutch went out!! that was a good 6 grand immediately. CARFAX! If you know someone who knows alot about evos take them and hav them look at it first. i wish i would have.

Last edited by EVOKRAZY8; May 1, 2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

14k with that mileage seems like rape to me , check NADA and see what the value really is on that car and go from there. Used cars dealers have alot more room to play with pricing.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06mr775
Thats way too much...my friend just baught one in Nevada for 12.5 with 90k in similar condition to that one.
It's all about location, the same car won't sell for the same price in one state compared to another it's all about the cost of living and etc. It even can vary to what town in the state it's being sold in
Old May 1, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
carfax looks clean to me... evos go for really good money at the auction... so i am assuming that they paid a good penny for them. might be a decent price... but im sure you have room to neg.

looks like you applied for the loan. i am a car salesman, and i can safely tell you that getting a loan from a major bank with mileage close to 100k is a difficult task. not only will you pay more interest for a older vehicle 5+ years and is out of warranty... the mileage factor to a bank sees it as a higher risk that you might not keep the loan for the entire period of time.

i wont be surprised if they tell you you can only get financing for 3 years with higher interest. I can be wrong...

BEST OF LUCK!
Old May 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Berts24
It's all about location, the same car won't sell for the same price in one state compared to another it's all about the cost of living and etc. It even can vary to what town in the state it's being sold in

this is correct. i live in nj and vehicles in the ny/nj area are worth more than if it is purchased in say PA, or even NC.

also you dont know what repairs (if any) a dealer made whether mechanical or cosmetic to make it a retail piece... every dollar counts.

Quick Reply: Looking into a high mileage evo.