Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Looking into a high mileage evo.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking into a high mileage evo.

Hey guys.

Was wondering if you guys could give me some tips / advice. I just got home from checking out an 03 evo 8. Its go 94k mi. and the dealer is asking $14k. Do you experienced owners think its worth it? Are evos tupically good for alot of miles?

I wasnt able to test drive it because the guy that does the test drives was out, but the secratary let me have the keys. I started it and let it idle- didnt hear any weird, started right up. Ran very smooth. Everything appeared to be in stock form which as we all know doesnt mean that it was never modded.

If he will let it go for 14k out the door i may go for it, but first wanted to get you alls opinions.

Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesnt sound like a bad deal. There are a couple of threads on here bout guys with 150k and 200k miles on their evos both of them modified and going strong.

Run a carfax and check for accidents and more importantly, as you already know, you need to drive it and see how it is.

Id buy it if it was in very good condition both outside and inside. Any pics?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by turbotalawd
Doesnt sound like a bad deal. There are a couple of threads on here bout guys with 150k and 200k miles on their evos both of them modified and going strong.

Run a carfax and check for accidents and more importantly, as you already know, you need to drive it and see how it is.

Id buy it if it was in very good condition both outside and inside. Any pics?
Thanks man, and yes here is the link to the pics.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Like i said test drive it first and base ur decision on that and the carfax.

The car has been modified but to what extent i dont know. From the pics it looks like its lowered, has modified front headlights, evo9 rear lights, and a black rear wing (should be silver).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

dont buy it its waaay tooo much money, for $14k you can buy one with way lower milage. Check the for sale section here and see if you find one, i have seen a few for 14k with low milage. If you want something to compare it to i bought mine last year for $16k with 42000 miles...btw try buying from a private owner, dealers will overcharge you.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by turbotalawd
Like i said test drive it first and base ur decision on that and the carfax.

The car has been modified but to what extent i dont know. From the pics it looks like its lowered, has modified front headlights, evo9 rear lights, and a black rear wing (should be silver).
Thanks alot bro. See, just that fast you spotted things that i wouldnt have known. The wing is actually CF, but the pics do no justice i thought the same thing before i went in person. I will deffinately test drive it and keep ya updated.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Motor itself is pretty close to stock but it looks like it's been dropped on springs and has MR tail lights and headlights. Looks really good. The price sounds right and if you really want to go for it, do it. My Evo currently has 120k miles and everythings runs fine and dandy. Drive it every single day and I don't baby the car either.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hawwk11
Thanks alot bro. See, just that fast you spotted things that i wouldnt have known. The wing is actually CF, but the pics do no justice i thought the same thing before i went in person. I will deffinately test drive it and keep ya updated.

Thanks again.
No prob. Try to haggle with them obviously. And like others have stated, it is cheaper to buy from a private seller. Good luck keep us posted.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:48 PM

erald01, and teh evo, trust me i would love to buy from a PP but unfortunately with my credit a dealer is the only way to go. I have paid all my bad debt off from when i was young and dumb but unfortunately my credit scor edidnt go up as much as i thought it would have. I guess its harder for banks to give you a personal loan than it is to get a car loan thorugh the stealerships. So that where im at right now guys.

Thanks alot though for the advice.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
Motor itself is pretty close to stock but it looks like it's been dropped on springs and has MR tail lights and headlights. Looks really good. The price sounds right and if you really want to go for it, do it. My Evo currently has 120k miles and everythings runs fine and dandy. Drive it every single day and I don't baby the car either.
Thanks man.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bought mine with 79k on it. It runs like a champ! I also have about $5k worth of receipts from AMS for all maintenance done. Sot that def. helped with my decision.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

120k miles here, going strong.
$14k sounds like a great deal depending on the condition of the car - I bought mine for $21 with 75k miles on it.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:59 PM

Thanks guys, i appreciate al the feedback.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

the fact it has an ACT sticker under the hood then perhaps he changed the clutch? I got mine at 95k and at about 100k the clutch went, but that's my luck, maybe yours is better??
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:01 PM

i bought my 03 evo about 6 months ago for 12,500 with 69,000 miles, completly stock. If you look around there are tons of good deals

Quick Reply: Looking into a high mileage evo.