Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Robispec Springs or GTWorx?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robispec Springs or GTWorx?

Hey guys and gals, I will be getting a set of springs in the near future and can't decide on which to get. Either the GTWorx or the Robispecs. Both are great companies big props. I'm not going to track my car. I daily drive it most of the time and some spirited driving here and there. Can someone chime in? Thanks!
Old May 2, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

I have owned the gtworx, robi and swift springs and I can tell you first hand that they are all really good. In my opinion I think the robi springs have the best handling with the stock suspension, but it isn't like they are that much better than either of the other two. You will be more than happy with either company and you are right, they are both great companies.

I know you didn't ask, but the only downside to the gtworx or robi springs is that they don't lower the car very much. I didn't want a slammed look, but I wanted a lower stance than what the gtworx or robi's provide.
Old May 2, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

^Yeah Swift Spec-r's are also a pretty good option as far as a lower drop goes, but if you don't plan on tracking the car much you could always go with a set of swift sports.

Spring rate: 179-269F, 157-314R
Drop rate: -1.4F, -0.8R

both gtworx and robi springs have proven results. if it were me, i would probably just base it off which ones i could get cheaper.

Last edited by PKEVO8; May 2, 2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the input guys!

I've been looking at the Swift Spec R's too, but the thing is would I have to get the geometry correct kit and all those other goodies? I'm going to dailydrive the most so will running the stock kits with just the Swifts be fine? It shant ruin anything? haha. lmk!
Old May 2, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

No you definitely don't have to get the geometry correction kit (I assume you are referring to the whiteline kit?). You can get it and it will make the car handle even better, but the swift springs alone will improve handling without the kit.
Old May 3, 2010, 04:50 AM

I had the GTworx springs and had a great experience. They ride really well on the street and while on the track are a really nice setup with the bilstein struts. You could get a better setup going full coilover, but for a cheap initial investment you cant go wrong with a good coi setup.
Old May 3, 2010, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

yeah you don't need to get the rollcenter kit, but it will significantly improve your handling w/ or w/out springs. plus, you can probably find them online new for less than 200 bucks.