Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Nissan 370Z Guy

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welp... No luck with the sale on the Z. Bidding got up to 28K and my reserve was at 29,999. I don't have a clue what I am going to do now. Got a guy thats willing to give me 4K on top and trade for his evo ( http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

and one other dealer willing to give me 3500 on top with a trade, http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Overall, I don't have a damn clue what to do. I wish I could find a low mileage evo for like 15-18k that wanted to trade and give me like 12-15 on top... I know there is someone out there, but I have been trying to sell this thing since the end of March and I'm starting to get impatient! lol
Old May 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
Account Disabled

bump...anyone got any input on my last post?
Old May 11, 2010, 02:52 PM

Do the trade with the dealer that seems like a good deal you got there.. GL!
Old May 11, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIXHoosier
Welp... No luck with the sale on the Z. Bidding got up to 28K and my reserve was at 29,999. I don't have a clue what I am going to do now. Got a guy thats willing to give me 4K on top and trade for his evo ( http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

and one other dealer willing to give me 3500 on top with a trade, http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Overall, I don't have a damn clue what to do. I wish I could find a low mileage evo for like 15-18k that wanted to trade and give me like 12-15 on top... I know there is someone out there, but I have been trying to sell this thing since the end of March and I'm starting to get impatient! lol
Welcome! First off, your 370 looks sick! I would keep it lol... I knew the older

350's weren't mod friendly but I had no idea about the 370... but i'd still keep it

as a cruiser/daily, and an Evo as a weekend warrior.

The autotrader deals look ok, I like the stock X better.

IMO The only way I'd buy a modded Evo would be if it were off this forum where I

could look at all his history about the car to get a feel for what condition it's really

in. Good luck on whatever you decide!
Old May 11, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

i say def the dealer, we are talking about an 05 evo 8 and 2008 evo x

Last edited by erald01; May 11, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:06 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the replies guys. Still haven't decided what I'm doing. there are two over in Ohio that are pretty highly modded that I'm supposed to go see this Saturday. One is 2003 and one 2006. 70k and 45k miles respectively.

It scares the crap out of me to buy someone elses 450 whp + evo to rely on as a DD.

I really like the Evo X's (the way they look and the fact that they are newer/less miles). The problem is that my biggest concern right now is power and I don't know that I can meet the power goals that I want to with only $3500-$5000. Do you guys have any input on how much you think I could get out of that kind of money?

Thanks for helping this newb out!
Old May 14, 2010, 01:17 AM

I think you will be able to make some pretty nice power with that money.. but what are your exact plans?
Old May 14, 2010, 06:29 AM
Account Disabled

My plans vary day by day lol. I really am hoping to do something tomorrow. Trying to find all the evo's I can within a certain distance and just check them all out. I'm really leaning towards the X now though because it just scares me to buy someone elses "modded toy".

I guess my goal for now would be to get the most reliable ride out of a stock block evo. My plan is to make the stock block work for me as long as it will last and then build it after it blows on me.

I would be happy with 450-500 HP, If I could drive around with out stressing out all the time feeling like I am going to break something.

This stuff is just so damn stressful. Like I need someone who knows what they are talking about to just tell me "its gonna be alright" lol. I've just been screwed so many times on used deals.

Anyone know who's good around the western Ohio Area? I am in Indiana but I found someone the other day that was like 2 hours away from me and it was Slow Motion Motorsports. I can't remember what it was. Anyway, thanks for the responses to all my newbie BS guys.

Any more tips or suggestions would be great!
Old May 14, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Huge fan of the 370Z, but it's hard to beat 4 doors, AWD, turbo and a car that can be easily modified.
Old May 14, 2010, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Give us a review of the 370z if you get some time. I actually would have had that car if I didn't live in Colorado. I had an 04 G35 coupe before....
Old May 14, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

just remember to do a boost leak test on whatever car you are purchasing and be present for it. I bought my car and didn't do the test and ended up having a crapped out TB shaft seal. If you have the time to coordinate, get a tuner to look at the ECU to make sure that the owner didn't go back to stock from massive upgrades like mine...the map was all F'd up when I got it and it was running rich as hell.

+1 on loving the car, even though I've put out money to get this car to where I want it, you will love every second driving it.

There are really good priced IXs out there with light and heavy modding. Just depends on what your pref are.

GLWS on your 370Z
Old May 14, 2010, 10:59 AM

Good luck with the sale of the z34 and hope you get into a new evo whether it be an 8,9 or 10. They all have their ups and downs. But you will not be dissapointed .
Old May 14, 2010, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks again guys... I'm hoping to do something this weekend but we shall see. I have a feeling this thread is going to go for a while and I'm going to keep saying, "well, I hope I can do something this weekend" lol.

As far as my 370Z review, this will be quick:

It is the most fun "driving" car I have ever driven/ridden in. You can take turns at ridiculous speeds and not feel the least bit intimidated. (If it is warm and dry outside) Any weather whatsoever and I am all over the road and not secure in the least bit. But I would say that also has to do a little bit with my aggressive driving style.

The engine is what is lacking in my opinion. Why can't Nissan throw a turbo on this biatch and call it a day? I know it would jack the cost up, but putting it in a production vehicle can't be as bad as doing a turbo install "here and there". I knew this when buying my car that it didn't have the power that I was looking for but my plan was to go the TT route for about 8-10 K. Well come to find out, there are guys out there spending upwards of 25 K to get a safe, reliable, TTsetup on their stock engines. The superchargers are badass and have tons of power, but a S/C is not the route I am wanting to go.

The interior is nice and tight, everything is pretty clean inside. The rev-match tranny is one of the coolest features about the car, but you get really used to it very quickly. The problem with this is when you go back to driving a typical manual transmission, you feel like a newbie all over again. I have been driving mine for about a month now with the rev match turned off and I'm finally starting to feel like a "good" manual tranny driver now. (But I have always liked to rev match on the downshifts, so it only took me a little while to get used to it again)

Overall, this car is freakin amazing in the "driving experience" department. I have driven taken it on a few several thousand mile round trips on the highway and it really isn't too bad. But like someone else said, "its hard to beat turbo, awd, and a back seat"..

I wish I had known more about the evo's when I made my Z purchase. To be honest, I just didn't know that much about them at the time and now that I do, I am regretting it. I have about 40k invested in my car and I'm only wishing I could have found an Evo and put about 10-15 K into it. I would be one happy camper right now! (So I think)
Old May 14, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by i love my evo
Get both! If i had funds I would love to get the X too! Good luck with your pick. Test drive both! it'll blow your mind. Drive the X first then the IX. I noticed when I test drove the IX first the X felt so much slower but the cornering was amazing. But it's only my opinion =)
i got a ix mr and a x mr.

just get one. at least the x mr is rather bland to drive. shoulda got the 5 speed not the auto.
Old May 20, 2010, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

bump

anyone want a bad @$$ 370z? its for sale still!

got my nissan dealer looking for an evo x for me on trade. Don't know how they plan to work it out, but hopefully one day soon I can be a proud evo owner... I'm getting very impatient and discouraged damint