Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

FP Black/Red vs Stock Turbo.

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010 | 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by buchnerj
400 on a Green is a very realistic goal. I was at 450hp/425tq on a Mustang dyno on the stock bottom end. The timing was high and not something I used every day. This was also on E-85. I have since upped the boost, added the double pumper and built the motor. Now I am at 500/500 on a dyno dynamics. I really think the market for the Red is going to shrink. Once you get good money into a setup for the Green you can build it up all the way to the mid 500's (my goal), you just have to make sure you have the setup to sustain it, as you said. ECU boost is set at 36 psi on E-85 now, could go higher, but I am more than happy now. With the amount of torque that it puts down so early in the RPM band it spells disaster for stock rods. I-beams and decent pistons and you will have some serious fun with that insta-boost. Oh, and I was at 400hp on 93 octane on the MD before and around 450ish on the DD now. Just in case E-85 isn't an option for the OP.

Yes, very attainable. Just be prepared to either build it, or fix what you broke when you start to turn the boost up to kill mode. Get a good suspension setup would also be a recommendation of mine, once that boost hits, it rips your face off and she goes wild...
yea green could be built motor territory i was thinking about getting a used 9 turbo then sending it in to be built into a green and after i get the black done and final numbers change to the green and see. because i know its that TQ that throws you back in your seat and my goal was only 500 before i started all this lol. but doubt it might wait for that new fp turbo and see what it is and does. Im positive my fp black is going to get the job done
Old Nov 2, 2010 | 06:02 PM

So would the smaller green at 35 psi rip my face off as much as a black at say 25 psi??
Old Nov 3, 2010 | 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by sportsallstar
So would the smaller green at 35 psi rip my face off as much as a black at say 25 psi??
With the Green at that level of boost you would want to run E85. just to be safe.. Although with that said I have seen a few Greens running 30+ psi on the stock bottom end on 93 pump with out issue and they are their DD. I always error on the side of caution tho. I would rather run a few less PSI then throw a rod 3k miles later.. The Black will flow more air so to get the same amount of air in your cylinders you do not have to have as much PSI. I can't say that they will pull the same from a 10 PSI difference. Someone else that has had both turbos would have to chime in.

Last edited by enash99; Nov 3, 2010 at 07:54 AM.