Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo ix vs evo x bolt on power

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2010, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo ix vs evo x bolt on power

Which will make more power a evo ix or evo x with these mods, turbo back exhaust, full intercooler upgrade w/piping, 255 walbro pump, 800cc injectors, intake, some kind of tune and a fp red turbo?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evo x in the mid (dual mivec) evo ix up top., don't forget cams
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

all depends on the tune. why are you asking?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Your question begs the question, are you looking to simply go fast or just make big numbers on a dyno?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

They would probably make similar power but the ix will be about 300lbs lighter
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

The FP Red for the Evo 9 is a lot "bigger" of a turbo than the FP Red for the Evo X. It's not really an apples to apples comparison of mods.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by edogg23
They would probably make similar power but the ix will be about 300lbs lighter
300 lbs lighter, compare which trims ? Because if you compare the same trims, I guess you count the driver weight into this number too, for the IX favor . LOL

yeah the question is good. By dyno numbers or performance wise?
I dont think you want to buy or decide which one, based on bolt ons power, between the IX and the X.

Much better approach , what do you looking for?
DD, auto X , road race, 1/4 mile, rally X , rally cross, rally. etc

Pick at least two of these, and we can give some perspective .

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 7, 2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
300 lbs lighter, compare which trims ? Because if you compare the same trims, I guess you count the driver weight into this number too, for the IX favor . LOL

I dont think you want to buy or decide which one, based on bolt ons power, between the IX and the X.

Rob
good points, the car would be a DD, but would also go 50/50 as far as 1/4 and road racing. Not trying build a BIG hp car, something more in the mid 450hp range
Old Jun 7, 2010, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

You're not going to enjoy the X as a drag car. It's big. Your times will never be anywhere near what the 8/9s are getting with equal power.

Road racing, though, I'd think the X would be a hell of a lot more fun. The problem is going to be what you value more; if you want a low number to brag to friends about in the 1/4 mile, the 8/9 is going to be a much more willing partner.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS

Rob
Sorry if this news suprises you look here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ght-parts.html
evo 10 gsr full weight = 3589
evo ix gsr = 3246.
I believe in those numbers the x had a few more gallons fuel than the ix so it comes out to be about 300 lbs difference WITHOUT the driver in either car.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by hotdog
You're not going to enjoy the X as a drag car. It's big. Your times will never be anywhere near what the 8/9s are getting with equal power.

Road racing, though, I'd think the X would be a hell of a lot more fun. The problem is going to be what you value more; if you want a low number to brag to friends about in the 1/4 mile, the 8/9 is going to be a much more willing partner.
Yea starting too realize that, thanks for the good info. Now if i can only find a Evo ix that hasnt been beat up . Either 1 i know i will be happy with.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

handling - X
Power - 8/9
Looks - Personal - i luv the X
Drag - 8/9 - although the AMS evo X is 2 tenths off from being a 9 sec car... ( you are not shooting for low times, drag shouldn't matter a whole lot)
Time Attack - Both Edge to the X after seeing what Ryan Gates did with his

The X is a bigger car for sure but just like the 8/9 it doesn't feel nearly as heavy...

I would think the 9 would yeild better results with that setup then a X. Flip a coin, they are both bad a$$ cars.

If your going to end up building the car, who cars, buy an evo 8 with high mileage for 13-14 k.

New 2.4 - $3500 - probably more like $3000 but figured some $$ for install
Red or Black - $1700
Rebuild the trans and tcase from masta shep - $4k - HIGH especially if they are in good cond.
Suspension - $4k - includes rims and tires
Supporting Mods - $3k

Estimated Cost - $30,500 for a fully built car..... Not bad in my eyes

Estimated Cost with a Evo 9 - would start around $37-38,000 depending on the base cost of the car.

I am probably the crazy one here to recommend that and im sure i will catch fire for it but oh well. its another option to have a fully built car for less than a brand new X.

ill put on the flame suit, lol
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:38 PM

^^Mike-(points his meth injector at 2003lancerevo8 holding a book of matches) I personally would go with the X as their are newer parts/engineering coming out every month, and with those parts it probally wont matter what you choose you will still have a beast IMO
Old Jun 8, 2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
handling - X
Power - 8/9
Looks - Personal - i luv the X
Drag - 8/9 - although the AMS evo X is 2 tenths off from being a 9 sec car... ( you are not shooting for low times, drag shouldn't matter a whole lot)
Time Attack - Both Edge to the X after seeing what Ryan Gates did with his

The X is a bigger car for sure but just like the 8/9 it doesn't feel nearly as heavy...

I would think the 9 would yeild better results with that setup then a X. Flip a coin, they are both bad a$$ cars.

If your going to end up building the car, who cars, buy an evo 8 with high mileage for 13-14 k.

New 2.4 - $3500 - probably more like $3000 but figured some $$ for install
Red or Black - $1700
Rebuild the trans and tcase from masta shep - $4k - HIGH especially if they are in good cond.
Suspension - $4k - includes rims and tires
Supporting Mods - $3k

Estimated Cost - $30,500 for a fully built car..... Not bad in my eyes

Estimated Cost with a Evo 9 - would start around $37-38,000 depending on the base cost of the car.

I am probably the crazy one here to recommend that and im sure i will catch fire for it but oh well. its another option to have a fully built car for less than a brand new X.

ill put on the flame suit, lol
def some good points there 2003lancerevo8, and knowing myself ill probably want to try and get as much power out of the stock motor as a DD. I am def starting to go back to my roots as far as getting back into auto Xing and i know the X will be the better way to go in that case. As far as looks im 60% for the X and 40% towards the IX
Old Jun 8, 2010, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

many people push the stock blocks on the 4G not to many people pushing the bar on the X yet. It would be interesting though...

Next year I will be looking for a X, need to finish up my crx that i am building and then I will be off searching for a WW X. The suspension to me is much more refined and I think that the GSR is the next evo for me.

Good luck, I was just trying to point out that you could have a fully built evo for only the fraction of cost over buying a Evo 9 or a X and if you bought a new X bought the same price...

Keep us posted