Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo? Sti?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I think you completely misunderstood the intent of my initial question now that we are on this tangent

I was questioning the general nature of why people seem to need others to validate their motives to purchase something like a vehicle.

I don't dispute the forum will provide the most accurate information however you are looking at it as an evo owner who's probably been looking at the cars for a lifetime right?

I use the edmunds reviews as starting points for research on the vehicle. If they said the transmissions weaker I'd like to find out why and start looking elsewhere. I'd probably end up here if it was an evo.

I do btw appreciate this rather enjoyable banter on a rather slow day for me
maybe validation from others that share in there passion. Remember its easier to judify something if others around you have it or you get lots of support for whatever it maybe. I had no clue what a evo was until 2 fast 2 furious came out and i was like oh **** that car is sexy i want one then started looking them up. could not get one back in 03 damn things were 37k before TTL down here lol. so i kept my eye on them till i got into a good finacial situation to allow me to get the one i wanted. Im not going to lie i did not do research on mods or longevity of the car until after i bought it i loved the styling design and the fact it was turboed and awd. The reason for me not picking a sti was simple i did not like the way it looked and people seemed to and still fear evos more then stis . I did not join this forum or even know of this forum till after i bought my evo and i was at work trying to find mod paths. Yes its nice to have a debate without trash talking nice clean and fun
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
maybe validation from others that share in there passion. Remember its easier to judify something if others around you have it or you get lots of support for whatever it maybe. I had no clue what a evo was until 2 fast 2 furious came out and i was like oh **** that car is sexy i want one then started looking them up. could not get one back in 03 damn things were 37k before TTL down here lol. so i kept my eye on them till i got into a good finacial situation to allow me to get the one i wanted. Im not going to lie i did not do research on mods or longevity of the car until after i bought it i loved the styling design and the fact it was turboed and awd. The reason for me not picking a sti was simple i did not like the way it looked and people seemed to and still fear evos more then stis . I did not join this forum or even know of this forum till after i bought my evo and i was at work trying to find mod paths. Yes its nice to have a debate without trash talking nice clean and fun
hahah right on. I think i was in your boat when the 03 evo came out. I knew about it but had spent so much time with subaru i ended up wanting an STI initially. However once i started getting into the cars I noticed that if i ever wanted to mod an STI it would be hell.

Price ultimately fated me in the right direction later when i got to buying between them. I found a killer deal on an RS and still have it as my DD .

Funny after thought my parents didn't know i bought a car for a couple days because it too was white just like my old mazda protege beater.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

hahah right on. I think i was in your boat when the 03 evo came out. I knew about it but had spent so much time with subaru i ended up wanting an STI initially. However once i started getting into the cars I noticed that if i ever wanted to mod an STI it would be hell.

Price ultimately fated me in the right direction later when i got to buying between them. I found a killer deal on an RS and still have it as my DD .

Funny after thought my parents didn't know i bought a car for a couple days because it too was white just like my old mazda protege beater.
haa i have only put 9k miles on mine in 2 years of ownership. fixing little issues finally i was like screw this im pulling all this out hints my massive build thread. i dont even know what a stock clutch feels like or boosting past 15psi LOL. next time i see my evo will be a fire breathing monster fully built to the extreme lol.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

haa i have only put 9k miles on mine in 2 years of ownership. fixing little issues finally i was like screw this im pulling all this out hints my massive build thread. i dont even know what a stock clutch feels like or boosting past 15psi LOL. next time i see my evo will be a fire breathing monster fully built to the extreme lol.
Good deal I think I've taken mine far as i can without going all out build.

460whp on dataloglab with e85 running 30psi tapering due to only single walbro.

My car has nearly 80k on it now doesn't show any signs of getting tired yet.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Good deal I think I've taken mine far as i can without going all out build.

460whp on dataloglab with e85 running 30psi tapering due to only single walbro.

My car has nearly 80k on it now doesn't show any signs of getting tired yet.
i think its about time for you to step into the real evo relm and do built motor of some type then of course a double pumper and turbo upgrade lets get it
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

i think its about time for you to step into the real evo relm and do built motor of some type then of course a double pumper and turbo upgrade lets get it
Someday lol

Already have a red I bet i could push it alot harder if i had a double pumper.

I don't know if i want to go crazy with this car though I sort of like its die hard reliability this way.

I may end up just paying it off and either getting a turbo porsche or perhaps a GTR

Both of those will be slightly easier to go fast and be nearly stock in.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Someday lol

Already have a red I bet i could push it alot harder if i had a double pumper.

I don't know if i want to go crazy with this car though I sort of like its die hard reliability this way.

I may end up just paying it off and either getting a turbo porsche or perhaps a GTR

Both of those will be slightly easier to go fast and be nearly stock in.
dont think so hommie lol. will cost alot more money to mod those then a evo. you can build a evo for a decent price just take your time and you have a RS so its lightweigh already off top. you should at least get a double pumper now while your making your choice. That can only improve things.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went through this exact same thing back in april and I bought an X. I test drove both cars and it was no contest. I think the X looks better (wasnt feeling the hatch) handles better, just performs better, responds to mods better, breaks less and was just more fun to drive.

I do think the STI sedan that's coming back will/should improve the looks a lot but I dont know about all the other things.

Go Evo, You wont regret it, I didnt.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:39 PM

evo
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:44 PM

ok thanks guys for all the reply's i think i made up my ming... ima get the EVO X MR, because its automatic, and u can slap shift it
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JaV_92
ok thanks guys for all the reply's i think i made up my ming... ima get the EVO X MR, because its automatic, and u can slap shift it
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. i urge you to consider learning how to drive a standard to be honest.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Wait till the end of the year the new 2011 sti is coming out full redesign.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

just test drive both
feel them out
you should know which one u like better after you actually driven them
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:58 PM

This is easy. Evo = 2 syllables Sti = 3 syllables

Go with the Evo!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Youtube>TopGear>EvoX (compared with the sti)

Quick Reply: Evo? Sti?