Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo? Sti?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good choice! I don't think u would be happy with the STI in the long run! I had a 07 STI for a yr and a half then traded it for a AW 08 STI with the BBS/Nav pkg. The 07 was a much better car to drive when it came to rawness, steering feel, etc.
The GR/08 STI was just too damned soft and refined for my tastes anyways. Plus, what some others have said there is a really big issue with the #4 piston ringland going bye bye!! Right before I traded the 08 STI for my 2010 X GSR it had developed some blue smoke on startup's every so often. It only had 9k miles, Cobb stage 1, and never beat on, tracked, etc. I just love my X to death!! Good luck with ur purchase!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the nasioc community is a lot more friendly and welcoming though (no offense to evom, but that's just how it is)...
Yeah I found this out over the weekend.. Big import weekend down by the ocean and I saw a ton of STi's and some Evo's.. I have only ONE evo person even acknowledge I was even existent. I would wave at the Subaru drivers and they would all wave back.. I wish the evo community was the the subaru community..
Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brsox10288
Yeah I found this out over the weekend.. Big import weekend down by the ocean and I saw a ton of STi's and some Evo's.. I have only ONE evo person even acknowledge I was even existent. I would wave at the Subaru drivers and they would all wave back.. I wish the evo community was the the subaru community..
there are alot of us that are nice you just have to look around alot of irrogant evo drivers its the way it seems but keep looking theres plenty of us the evo drivers i met in texas for instance were very very very nice to me being a outsider coming in to get my car built
Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I dont doubt that there are nice evo drivers but the majority seem ignorant and dont think there S*** dont stink and think there so much better then the next person. The majority of the subbie community are very friendly ...
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:26 AM

Evo for fun, STI for daily driver.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:11 AM

EVO's FTW
Old Jun 12, 2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
there are alot of us that are nice you just have to look around alot of irrogant evo drivers its the way it seems but keep looking theres plenty of us the evo drivers i met in texas for instance were very very very nice to me being a outsider coming in to get my car built

just curious, where at in texas? i will hopefully have found a decent evo by the end of the summer and im in san antonio
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Brsox10288
Yeah I dont doubt that there are nice evo drivers but the majority seem ignorant and dont think there S*** dont stink and think there so much better then the next person. The majority of the subbie community are very friendly ...
I ran with the BMW CCA this weekend at Buttonwillow, CA in my evo. You want to talk about being ignored? It was fun passing them on the track though.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

it will be interesting to see how the 2011 STi sedan compares, and handling improvements:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/09/v...kest-ever-for/
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by JaV_92
ok so ive been undesided for a while on weather i should get the new EVO X(10) or the NEW STI, i have heard a couple of reasons why like: the evo is cooler, the STI looks nicer, its faster, and just things like that... BUT i want to hear your guys's specs on both, and why or why not the EVO is better.
OK so I have some experience with these cars. I have yet to track them or auto cross the Sti yet-but I will in a couple of weeks. I have 16,000 miles in the IX, 12,000 in the X and 12,000 in the 09 STi-also known as the GR series. The bottom line is, what do you want to use the car for? If you want to track/auto cross the car right away, and still be able to drive it every day, than the Evo X is the winner. Better stock seats, steering and suspension than the STi-period. The STi winns big if you want a more practicle car with fold down seats and a very larg trunk for a hatch. You may want to replace the drivers seat though for serious auto-crossing, as there is not enough support to keep you in place.
You will want to modify the springs, sways, and endlinks to if you want to keep up with the Xs. On the plus side, the boxer rumble of the STi is cool, especially with the SPT exhaust.
Now if you are looking at the 2011 STi, you get to choose between a hatch and the sedan version with the big wing on the back. Also Subaru has included some spec "C" suspension parts on the 2011 STi to make it handle alot better. The steering in my opinion will not match the Xs for precision though. And the current Sti's still suffer occacionally with ringland issues, especially the #4 piston. If it goes, you are looking at a minimum of $3500.00 to repair the engine with forged pistions. Keep this in mind. My STi is pushing 370hp at the crank and is doing well, but it is only a matter of time before things head south.
After driving both cars, I can say for me, the Evo IX and X are better driving cars and more mechanically dependable than my current 09 STi.

Last edited by NoJoy; Jun 15, 2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Evo X GSR...slap shift is gay...Manual shifting is real driving...its easy to learn ive only ever owned Manual transmission cars...Learn it homie itll take no time to pick it up

Last edited by Roberti22; Jun 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Go for it. I never drove manual car and I bought evo. Stalled evo 5-6 times on the way to house from dealership. You'll learn quick.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KaRboN
Lets make this simple...EVO !!

If you like to blow motors,Then sti
i agree with this guy haha, my buddy has a sti and has blown it twice
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

All the Sti fan boys say Evo motors blow more than Sti motors..

vice versa
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:19 PM

if you wanna go fast go evo, if you wanna go slow and have engine problems then go sti! the only thing they have better is the sound!

Quick Reply: Evo? Sti?