Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My automotive journey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My automotive journey

Here's some pics of my vehicles over the years. As you can see I was a big Subaru enthusiast for many years, but now I've turned the page. Tell me what you think!

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be honest and say my favorite car in all the pics is the GC8!! I might be bias as my brother has a 99 Impreza and I've always liked the car, but it's a great car all the same.

One of my best friends is a die hard Subaru enthusiast (we just put his brand new engine into his STi a couple days ago) and has owned a 2006 STi, 2005 STi (current), 2001 STi (he was stationed in Japan for 3 years), and a couple GC8 WRX's. He would probably die before jumping ship over to Mitsubishi!! What made you move??
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

I know if you got the Ralliart you didn't want speed.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dube
I know if you got the Ralliart you didn't want speed.
ya im with him!! you were a subbi guy that came over and went with ralliart everything leans right towards not wanting to go fast but thats cool if your not into that! better choice of a car though!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:38 PM

Very Nice Pick up!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:08 PM

I switched to the Ralliart because I fell in love with the TC-SST. I also wanted Recaros, HIDs, and the nice Rockford Fosgate stereo system. Subaru offered none of the above.
I like the convenience of having an automatic and there really is no better automatic transmission on the market. All my Imprezas had a 4spd auto - let's just say that Subaru's 4EAT is very outdated. The gears didn't really allow for quick gear changes or spirited driving. The Ralliart is as fast stock as the WRX's were with a Cobb Stage 1 reflash.
Under normal driving the Ralliart is far more fun to drive than any of the Subarus. Under spirited driving the Ralliart is considerably more fun to drive. The TC-SST is a fine piece of engineering. Most times it feels like the transmission is hard wired to my brain. It just does what I want it to without any fuss. It always shifts right on cue. Even without using paddle shifters it always knows when to shift.
Although the WRX's had better grip and had better brakes I still believe the Ralliart is a superior vehicle. Not to mention the Ralliart is larger and offers more leg room. Since I'm 6'4'' more interior room is a major plus. Split folding rear seats are also a major plus. I've also noticed that the Ralliart appears to have a tighter turning radius. It seems to turn better in tight spaces.
I can say without a doubt this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I'm very happy.

Last edited by getek20; Jun 20, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Like I said before, you didn't want it for speed. Haha.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:18 AM

My target is roughly a 4.5 sec 0-60. A 0-60 time that low is plenty fast for me. I should be able to achieve that with a full turbo-back exhaust and custom tune. 1/4 mile times are of no significance because I never take my car to the strip.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by getek20
I switched to the Ralliart because I fell in love with the TC-SST. I also wanted Recaros, HIDs, and the nice Rockford Fosgate stereo system. Subaru offered none of the above.
I like the convenience of having an automatic and there really is no better automatic transmission on the market. All my Imprezas had a 4spd auto - let's just say that Subaru's 4EAT is very outdated. The gears didn't really allow for quick gear changes or spirited driving. The Ralliart is as fast stock as the WRX's were with a Cobb Stage 1 reflash.
Under normal driving the Ralliart is far more fun to drive than any of the Subarus. Under spirited driving the Ralliart is considerably more fun to drive. The TC-SST is a fine piece of engineering. Most times it feels like the transmission is hard wired to my brain. It just does what I want it to without any fuss. It always shifts right on cue. Even without using paddle shifters it always knows when to shift.
Although the WRX's had better grip and had better brakes I still believe the Ralliart is a superior vehicle. Not to mention the Ralliart is larger and offers more leg room. Since I'm 6'4'' more interior room is a major plus. Split folding rear seats are also a major plus. I've also noticed that the Ralliart appears to have a tighter turning radius. It seems to turn better in tight spaces.
I can say without a doubt this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I'm very happy.

I was about to ask you if you were selling that rs, cause it looks really clean and well kept. but now i changed my mind
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

You're gonna lose a 1.5 second time from 0-60 with just a TBE? I dunoo.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:46 PM

Like I said before, you didn't want it for speed. Haha.
As long as he likes it is all that matters.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:48 PM

You're gonna lose a 1.5 second time from 0-60 with just a TBE? I dunoo.
I'm running consistent 5 second 0-60 times already. My best time to date was a 4.948. That's just Stage 1.
A turbo-back and professional tune should easily get me to low 4s if not 4 seconds flat.

Last edited by getek20; Jun 22, 2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

If you do that, you'll be faster than my Evo. Heh. That's funny.

PS. You do have that subbie attitude.

Last edited by Dube; Jun 22, 2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:41 PM

nice cars man, good choice if that was your goal. a DD with all the amenities that you want!