Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is there any difference between the 05 and 06 MR 6-speed transmission?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No it isnt made out of glass but it definitly leaves something to be desired. To say it's fine isn't accurate and while you may be running a car close to stock most people either arnt or dont plan to for very long.

So in terms of from the modified persons perspective it isn't fine other wise there wouldn't be such a demand for Shep to make the 6 speed upgrades. So to say what Nscahall is saying is a lie is crazy considering hes just expressing his opinion on the 6 speed based off of what he has heard. Just like when you say the 6 speed is "fine" your expressing YOUR OPINION so respect others if you want people to take your with more then a grain of salt.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotcha ODUB. I guess i'll make sure and run my posts by you first from now on to make sure that it meets your requirements for how the statement should read before I make them. I didn't say baby the tranny or the car. All I said (and it's a pretty well known fact) is that the 6 speed is not as strong a tranny and to watch it. No personal attack on your amazing Evo or anyone else's intended or attempted. I could really give a damn whether you choose to launch yours every chance you get and beat the hell out of it. More power to you. Just wanted the OP to know what I heard when I started looking, researching, and bought mine.

Can we squash this now and move on??!! Kinda tired of arguing and defending.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wreckless969
No it isnt made out of glass but it definitly leaves something to be desired. To say it's fine isn't accurate and while you may be running a car close to stock most people either arnt or dont plan to for very long.

So in terms of from the modified persons perspective it isn't fine other wise there wouldn't be such a demand for Shep to make the 6 speed upgrades. So to say what Nscahall is saying is a lie is crazy considering hes just expressing his opinion on the 6 speed based off of what he has heard. Just like when you say the 6 speed is "fine" your expressing YOUR OPINION so respect others if you want people to take your with more then a grain of salt.
point taken. i think we both overstated what the other side was saying. I'm not saying the 6 speed is perfect. I'm saying it's not as bad as some people try to make it seem.

Originally Posted by nscahall
Gotcha ODUB. I guess i'll make sure and run my posts by you first from now on to make sure that it meets your requirements for how the statement should read before I make them. I didn't say baby the tranny or the car. All I said (and it's a pretty well known fact) is that the 6 speed is not as strong a tranny and to watch it. No personal attack on your amazing Evo or anyone else's intended or attempted. I could really give a damn whether you choose to launch yours every chance you get and beat the hell out of it. More power to you. Just wanted the OP to know what I heard when I started looking, researching, and bought mine.

Can we squash this now and move on??!! Kinda tired of arguing and defending.
good idea
Old Jul 1, 2010, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
powpow