Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO owner to ??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EVO owner to ??

Bored here at work and I was wondering for those who have had their car for however long.....what was the next car you moved onto? I'm not satisfied with my evo due to never modifying the way I liked it like all my other vehicles. so i'm happy but would love to get bit by the mod bug sometime soon. I will NEVER sell the evo**

I was thinking after an evo and it's supercar abilities. What have evo owners moved onto?

I was thinking:

Lotus Elise
1998 Nissan GTR
97 Anniversary Edition Toyota Supra
97 Acura NSX-S
2009 Audi S4

Reason for questioning: What can you move onto and really be satisfied? The evo is the first car I've had over a year. I'm going on 3 years w/almost all current mods already on car when purchased.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no need to move on yet. but i am looking into getting a supra
Old Jul 31, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

GT-R
Driven them and love them. Would have bought if they were 20k cheaper.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Eric. how would you rate the evo vs GT-R different classes but would you consider it an upgrade?

I've read multiple times with people driving m3/lamborghinis etc needing to get back in an EVO. so i'm scared i will just dump my next car and be pissed spending all that money for nothing.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

I've also had the pleasure of driving lambos, m3's, gt3's on the track. The evo is the bang for the buck sports car of the world. The GT-R appeals to me because of the styling, history, sound, engineering, (not the warranty however LOL) and the feel of the car is unique, it doesn't feel heavy but assured is the best way to describe it. Oh, and if you've ever driven an m3 with smg, lambo with e-gear or ferrari with f1, the trans blows them away with the changes. It is quick and very smooth instead of a punch like the lambos espically.

I would own one today if I could get one new for 20k less. I just can't justify the performance for double the price of a built evo x. I got an X for 35k plus say 10k in mods is half the price of the gtr and will blow it away. Just can't argue with the bang for the buck.

Essentially the GT-R is for people that either have a love affair with it, don't know how to drive or have too much money. That said, the GT-R will lose to an evo on the track with some bolt ons, suspension and decent tires.

And since you had the lotus in the list, my father had one and I put about 2k track miles on it and I would not recommend one. It just has absoutely no motor and the handeling can be overcome by a decent set of tires on the evo like nt01's. At my local track the best time i've EVER run in the elise on A048's was a 1.08.9 and the evo with 400 miles on it ran a 1.09.6 bone stock to put things in perspective.

There are a couple guys on here that made the jump from evo to GT-R.

Last edited by 2LOFD3ATH; Jul 31, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah. I've seen some of their posts. I'd like to thank you for your detailed experience.

I personally will probably never get the chance to ride in some of the cars you've mentioned. My mom owns a s550 that's probably the highest priced vehicle I will drive in any time soon.

I don't think they let just anyone test drive the new GT-R but I'll act like i'm out to buy it and see what happens.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

my next ride will be either; 1) 2009 S4, 2) RX-7, 3)Supra 4) EVO X
Old Aug 1, 2010, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I ended getting another Evo after my first one, haha.

Seriously, I will keep my Evo IX SE forever (and it's completely bone stock), so it'll probably remain my more fun vehicle. Part of me was considering an M3 for my next car, but those cars lose so much value once you take them off the lot, which is a big deal when you're buying a car in the $60k+ range. The new 1-Series M Coupe (or whatever they're going to call it) seems intriguing, but again, its value will drop, and it'll probably be $50k+, which is doable, but still a good chunk of change.

I've considered going with some older cars like the NSX, but the ones that are reasonably priced at this point are probably going to be much older and probably much bigger headaches at this point. I had a buddy in college who picked up a used '95 (or maybe '97, I forget) NSX in 2000 or 2001, and within the past five years, it's been giving him a lot of pricey problems. But I still remember how awesome that thing sounded when hauling ***. I also saw a white one next to me on the freeway, and it still looks pretty sharp. Supras are a no-no to me because I'd want a DD, and it seems like all of the remaining Supras have been modded to hell and back or have a crap ton of miles.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 108 Posts
I will keep my evo. Why are you unhappy with the current mods your evo has?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just get another EVO like a x mr or the new 2011 se