Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What to look for when buying a used evo? (pics of my wrecked 350z)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to look for when buying a used evo? (pics of my wrecked 350z)

Hello. About 5 years ago I was on the verge of buying a new car. I was sold on purchasing an evo, did my research and was excited. Last minute I ended up buying a 350z. I enjoyed it, but never really got my evo satisfaction. The other day I was involved in an accident. A lady was driving at night without her headlights on, while trying to make a illegal uturn. So everyone that has seen my car has told me its totaled. I have yet to hear the final verdict from insurance. But, if it is totaled, I want my EVO!!! I'll probably clear $15,000 hopefully a little more since I have some pricey parts with receipts. I want to know what should I look for when buying a used evo. Especially one with around the 60k - 80k mile range, (hopefully I can find one in the upper 40k) so what should I be aware of? I plan on putting in work on this car so I don't mind replacing a couple things. Any advice and input is appreciated. Thank you all.

EDIT: Geez, just realized I posted this in the evo x general. Way to go for my first post... :/ Sorry mods.

Pics of my Z

Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wait a few months for the 2011s to arrive and then get a 2010 model to save yourself some headaches...
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your car. I seriously don't believe how some people even get their license. If you're looking for an evo that's used, try to go for one without a lot of mods on it if you can. Usually, if a car has a lot of mods, it's been tracked (even if the owner says it hasn't). Check for leaking fuel/oil and the general dents/dings. Obviously ask if you can give it a test run and listen to the car idle and rev at different speeds/gears. If it's making some funky noises, take note of it.

When I picked up my evo, the owner had a bumper sticker, and when I took it off I found a few scratches, but nothing bad. So if the owner is trying to cover something up, he's probably hiding something.

If you're getting it new, then only advice I can offer is try to bargain :b

Last edited by CrazyEights; Aug 4, 2010 at 10:46 AM.