Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

A cobalt???? Say it isn't so!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A cobalt???? Say it isn't so!

Hey everyone name is Matt... from North Carolina...

Been here a bit, never really posted... more just to pick up on some info. I am if all goes according to plan pick up an 06 Evo GSR SE this weekend.

But as for now I drive a 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan

mods:
ETS intercooler
Dejon Powerhouse charge pipes
ZZPerformance Catless stainless downpipe
HAHN racecraft 3" caback exhaust with muffler delete
HAHN racecraft cold air intake
HPTuners tuned by myself

suspension:
SSC springs
Powell Raceshop 1" rear swaybar
Powell Raceshop billet rotated motor mounts
Powell Raceshop sypherical control arm bushings

rollingstock:
Enkie Racing PF01s 18x8
Nitto NT05 235/40/18s

Power:
Stock Turbo.... 362.8whp and 389.6wtq
2871r... 455whp and 410wtq (no longer on the car)

Track:
stock turbo.... 12.95@ 116
2871r... 12.90@ 123 (yep gotta love wrong wheel drive)

thanks and hopefully new pics will come with a mitsu in them.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 01:54 AM
Evolving Member

i tried blowing up one of these once thous eco motors seem to like boost in small amounts. hope the evo works out for you and you can enjoy a real car.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 02:18 AM
Evolving Member

So what got you interestedin the Evo over what you have now?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 02:39 AM

congrats on hopefully coming to the fun side not a bad ss though
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:45 AM

Waaaaiiit are you 1BadBlueBerry (over on cssnet of course)? If so...interesting to see another reputable 'balt member over here. If this is who I think it is (And I'm pretty sure it is)....he's taught me a lot about tuning my car and helped me to make the power it did before I put it back to stock. He's a good guy. And his car hauls ***. Looking for an Evo myself...not that I won't miss the 'balt...but I need 4 doors and I've always had a thing for the 4g63 (had multiple DSM's).

/threadjack
Old Sep 10, 2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by SweetSandMan
Waaaaiiit are you 1BadBlueBerry (over on cssnet of course)? If so...interesting to see another reputable 'balt member over here. If this is who I think it is (And I'm pretty sure it is)....he's taught me a lot about tuning my car and helped me to make the power it did before I put it back to stock. He's a good guy. And his car hauls ***. Looking for an Evo myself...not that I won't miss the 'balt...but I need 4 doors and I've always had a thing for the 4g63 (had multiple DSM's).

/threadjack

that would be me! And to answer a few questions... I have been a DSM'er at heart since my first car a 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi.

And frankly the Cobalt is a great car, an awesome powerplant... actually takes to boost and power very nicely. But Evo's just make me happy in the pants when I see them and never had the opportunity to get one untill now.

I've had 3 dsm's in my day from the first one 91 Tsi, to a 90 Tsi AWD and my last was a 93 GSX and I have missed them since I sold my 93.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
that would be me! And to answer a few questions... I have been a DSM'er at heart since my first car a 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi.

And frankly the Cobalt is a great car, an awesome powerplant... actually takes to boost and power very nicely. But Evo's just make me happy in the pants when I see them and never had the opportunity to get one untill now.

I've had 3 dsm's in my day from the first one 91 Tsi, to a 90 Tsi AWD and my last was a 93 GSX and I have missed them since I sold my 93.
Same here...slightly different lineup but a DSM'er at heart and I just can't wait to dive back into the world of the 4g63. Had my '91 Laser RS Turbo, '98 Talon TSi, and finally...a mint condition, fully loaded '97 GSX...beautiful car no doubt...but for some reason excessively problem ridden (Like all DSM's). The LNF will be missed no doubt for its ease of tuning and perfect combination of economy and power, but it's time for the correct (rear) wheels to have some power going to them.

Last edited by SweetSandMan; Sep 10, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the forum
hope everything works out and you get an evo

-anthony
Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by SweetSandMan
Same here...slightly different lineup but a DSM'er at heart and I just can't wait to dive back into the world of the 4g63. Had my '91 Laser RS Turbo, '98 Talon TSi, and finally...a mint condition, fully loaded '97 GSX...beautiful car no doubt...but for some reason excessively problem ridden (Like all DSM's). The LNF will be missed no doubt for its ease of tuning and perfect combination of economy and power, but it's time for the correct (rear) wheels to have some power going to them.

I'll miss the car for sure... nothing like a tune to bring out 50whp and 70wtq... but at the same time it can't stick worth a ****.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
welcome to the forum
hope everything works out and you get an evo

-anthony

me too