Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

has anyone gone from a evo to an 03-04 cobra?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my opinion is all these muscles cars are boring as heck. they look sleek and put down lots of power but they are one trick pony... i owned a 400hp supra for almost 2 years and i was bored to death until i went wot (then i giggled like a school girl). unless you live in redneck country with deserted roads, you dont get chances to go all out often (which means your car is boring).

i love terminators too but i know in my heart if i jump in it, ill be eyeing the evo soon enough. my rule of thumb for enjoyable car is, they must be fun wither your cruising or going half throttle through some tight turns. if your car requires you to be driving like your in fast and furious to have any fun, then it aint for me.

Last edited by mifesto; Sep 18, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Go sit in a Termi. After your done trying to figure out how the people drive them with the f'ed up driving position you will see the issues. I cam from a 07 Z06 to an Evo (wanted a paid off car) I will go back to a Z06 later in life nothing compares to torque...
Old Sep 18, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eric Morse
+1000000

If you want a good american car get a Z06 or zr1
+100000000! In my opinion the C6 Z06 is by far the best american car out there as far as overall performance and handling
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:45 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MRolla
lol i feel the same way and their owners all seem to be dicks with something to prove dont know why.
This, on an Evo forum?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Snake bite
ive always loved terminators and really wanted one before i got my evo. i just wanted to know if the fun factor is still there when you switch. obviously the handling is not the same but jesus christ those things are fast. any comments or thoughts on people who switch or went from the cobra to the evo would help.
Ask this guy.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...cobra-evo.html
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:21 AM

ok,

This all depends in what you want in a car and personal preference. I have owned a Cobra, Z06, and a EVO. The 01+ cobras have IRS and with a few simple mods handle amazing, especially with coilovers. Now AWD and RWD are two completely different worlds. Those that say they handle terrible and such, have not owned one and probably just READ that on a bias forum. Get the facts and drive the cars, like the fact the cobra has a Built bottom end STOCK!....the potential power wise for price is the cobra over the evo. Having owned the cars evo+cobra < Z06

03+ cobra
$500 Ported blower
$100 2.76-2.81 pulley
$350 2lb lower
$350 60lb injectors
$150 KB boost a pump
$500 exhaust
$300 Tune

Evo
...lol

Last edited by 68FBODY; Sep 20, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MRolla
lol i feel the same way and their owners all seem to be dicks with something to prove dont know why.
i think that a large percent of evo owners gear heads and motorsports minded folks.

there are MANY more mustangs out there, most of which were bought because they look/sound cool and make power. The folks that are gear heads tend to be exclusively about drag racing. The isn't much intersection in our interests, and there is a lot stereotyping, so sadly we end up hating each other (to a degree).
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:28 PM

Best Answer on Which to choose...?

It Depends. Like most the people stated two different animals. From the sound, looks, drivability, mod-ability.

But, there is something about AWD that just keeps me coming back to buy them.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by white8
O you have a 4b11. No respect in my book. get the cobra.
LOL

anyways. i pick evo over cobra. Ive driven a cobra and u need legs of steel (literally) for the clutches on cobras. they are so freakin heavy especially for daily driving. not worth it in my book
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Evilution23
LOL

anyways. i pick evo over cobra. Ive driven a cobra and u need legs of steel (literally) for the clutches on cobras. they are so freakin heavy especially for daily driving. not worth it in my book

Yes the clutch is harder than usual, but it is a cable clutch and not hydraulic. And you get used to it really fast.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Having owned both and like torque, you can not compare both. If you have the room. I strongly suggest you get both. Lots of good pros and cons on both sides. There are Tools as owners in both camps.

The Cobra is a fine car. Just a few mods and they are quite potent. They corner quite well for a rwd car. something cool about a V8 with a blower sound. The OEM built motor is just freakin' cool.

The evo is more a completely different beast. I think if it more of a complex drive. Lots going on... tons of traction, 4cy with a large turbo. Fun indeed... but not an instant tire smoker, if that is what you are into.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

i just blew the clutch in my car and now i really want to get rid of it. i might trade outright for an 07 sti or get the cobra after the winter.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:31 PM

Thats a hard question to answer but this might simplify it.

Cost both are priced about equal on the market.Cobras will bring more money with the low low mileage ones fetching top dollar.

Insurance the EVO is by far more expensive like 40.00 or more a month.

Performance straight line stock Cobra is quicker if you can get traction or do not blow the tires up in smoke.

Mildly modified the Cobra is quicker if you canget it to hook.

Built the Evo will bust the Cobra *** all day long. This is mainly due to traction on the street. At the strip it can go either way.

Reliability pretty much dead even. both have week links in the clutch department when u do basic bolt ons.

Handling and Braking its EVO all the way Cobras dream at night about wishing they could handle and brake like EVOs.

Collectablility Cobra only if you keep it very low mileage and in bone stock condition.

But for a daily driver the EVO will be the safer better handling and braking car. With huge gains to be had with the right mods and around 7k.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:51 AM