Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Help me out on my new Evo!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite a number of people post that their car is "stock" when indeed it is "oem". Knowing the difference, and knowing what to look for is part of being an educated buyer.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:54 PM

Stuff to look for hmmmm.......well this whole forum is based on trial and error and past experiences. I've been around forever and never need to post because someone has always been through it before you most likely. Goodluck with your new car enjoy.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kstallard34
Stuff to look for hmmmm.......well this whole forum is based on trial and error and past experiences. I've been around forever and never need to post because someone has always been through it before you most likely. Goodluck with your new car enjoy.
thanks man and yeah i dont think 16.9 is expensive for an evo with 51xxxx miles.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 4g63moon
the car can get shakey if u dont know the clutch grabbing point. Like ^ said, the ic spray
switch will stay on til u click it again and stop spraying.
+1
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so the guage doesnt work even when the car is on? you should get that chcked out, what if its overheating!!!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
so the guage doesnt work even when the car is on? you should get that chcked out, what if its overheating!!!
well no the guage works. what i ment was the knob to turn the heat on doesnt light up. sorry if i was confusing
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank120
Just bought a 2003 Evo 8 red with a cf hood could not be happier. What I did notice is that the intercooler sprayer switch is real sticky and the light went on? Also the glove box doesn't shut. And the cig lighter doesn't work. Other than that the car is awesome!!! Anything I need to look for? the cars got 50k miles I paid 16900. Its all stock. And one more thing after driving it I didn't warm it up so much and my dad drove it but sucks at stick. the car was real shaky like jumping back and forth when he tried to drive it. So I said get out and I drove it home but i did notice that the car shakes when it's on like u can feel it shake inside of the car. That was only after his attempt of driving it.
Yeah, the sprayer button is right next to the cup holder. Mine is sticky too. You may have to pop the switch and do some cleaning. Unplug the wiring first.

The lighter not working could be because this is a popular point to get power for add-ons. So, while you have the counsel out for the sprayer switch, check the lighter wiring.

As for the jerkiness, this is probably normal. The car was designed to go fast, not for great drive-ability.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Next time use an automotive APC (all-purpose cleaner). It won't dry out the plastic as much.
thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by barneyb
Yeah, the sprayer button is right next to the cup holder. Mine is sticky too. You may have to pop the switch and do some cleaning. Unplug the wiring first.

The lighter not working could be because this is a popular point to get power for add-ons. So, while you have the counsel out for the sprayer switch, check the lighter wiring.

As for the jerkiness, this is probably normal. The car was designed to go fast, not for great drive-ability.
not starting an arguement just my opinion:

i drive my car everyday and my car rides absolutely perfect and smooth. i would say your statement is pretty incorrect, the evo is perfect for great drive-ability... it depends on the driver more than anything... im on the ACT HD 6 puck also and its still pretty smooth after i figured out its grabbing point...

Last edited by white_evo27; Sep 22, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by white_evo27
thanks for the info!

not starting an arguement just my opinion:

i drive my car everyday and my car rides absolutely perfect and smooth. i would say your statement is pretty incorrect, the evo is perfect for great drive-ability... it depends on the driver more than anything... im on the ACT HD 6 puck also and its still pretty smooth after i figured out its grabbing point...
Some years ago, when I first came to this forum, there were people posting about drive-ability problems. When I first owned my car I would frequently get into a pogo mode in second gear and I was coming from a DSM. The OEM clutch sometimes chatters. The writers of Autoweek Magazine, who named the Evo their car of the year, complained of drive-ability.

Well, you get used to the car or maybe in later manufactured vehicles this was improved. But, to a new owner of an 8, they are going, at first, to notice a difference from other cars.

Last edited by barneyb; Sep 22, 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Frank120
well no the guage works. what i ment was the knob to turn the heat on doesnt light up. sorry if i was confusing

Sounds to me like you have a fuse out...check the fusebox in side the car and the one under the hood...look for the ACC (accessory fuse...id give you the fuse number but no longer have an evo...sorry

hope this helps

Dan