Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Help me out on my new Evo!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me out on my new Evo!!

Just bought a 2003 Evo 8 red with a cf hood could not be happier. What I did notice is that the intercooler sprayer switch is real sticky and the light went on? Also the glove box doesn't shut. And the cig lighter doesn't work. Other than that the car is awesome!!! Anything I need to look for? the cars got 50k miles I paid 16900. Its all stock. And one more thing after driving it I didn't warm it up so much and my dad drove it but sucks at stick. the car was real shaky like jumping back and forth when he tried to drive it. So I said get out and I drove it home but i did notice that the car shakes when it's on like u can feel it shake inside of the car. That was only after his attempt of driving it.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

seems like a lot wrong for paying such a premium price. for that money, the car better be fully function able.

has the car been tuned? running stock ecu? stock turbo? boost controller? Any CEL? nearly impossible to diagnose a problem over the net
Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

I wonder how much I can get someone to pay for mine right now. It seems like alot of beat up evo 8's out there these days. The light on your dash is supposed to turn on when you push the sprayer button
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

The car can get shakey if u dont know the clutch grabbing point. Like ^ said, the ic spray
switch will stay on til u click it again and stop spraying.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

i cleaned my ic spray button off by putting some windex on a cloth and wiping it down... then used a compressed air can to try and shoot some crap out of the button (normally i use it for my paintball gear to get paint out of hard to reach spots) ... works perfect now... pressing the button up turns it on and off, itll light up on the dash when its on...

like said above, learn where the clutch grabs or u will bog all over the place... hope this helps!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:52 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by white_evo27
i cleaned my ic spray button off by putting some windex on a cloth and wiping it down...
Next time use an automotive APC (all-purpose cleaner). It won't dry out the plastic as much.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
need to fix those issues first and get your tune checked out for sure.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
need to fix those issues first and get your tune checked out for sure.
Yeah I drove the car alot today and I fixed the glove box! And I did notice that the car shakes when u blast the heat on defroster. And the car is hot when I turn it off but the temp guage doesn't say it's hot. But it's probably cuz it's turbo. I'm new to the turbo!! Anyways this is the best car ever. It's was so worth selling my 08 lancer and my ninja 636.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frank120
Yeah I drove the car alot today and I fixed the glove box! And I did notice that the car shakes when u blast the heat on defroster. And the car is hot when I turn it off but the temp guage doesn't say it's hot. But it's probably cuz it's turbo. I'm new to the turbo!! Anyways this is the best car ever. It's was so worth selling my 08 lancer and my ninja 636.
what? the gauge shuts off when the car is off... thats why it doesnt say its hot...
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:48 PM

Hahaha

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
what? The gauge shuts off when the car is off... Thats why it doesnt say its hot...
Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
what? the gauge shuts off when the car is off... thats why it doesnt say its hot...

sorry did it from my phone what i ment to say was that when the car is on the guage doesnt say hot but thats probably cuz my vent is out.

and yeah im just gonna get it tuned later on when i got money. but its 100% stock so idk what u mean by check your tune.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Delfast
ya have someone check it over and get ur tune looked at. otherwise drive it like u stole it
lol^
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe it felt funny b/c the car wasent fully warmed. Stay out of boost until it is at operating temp.

Also my glove box also like to pop back open time and time again....guess its just an Evo thing!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frank120
sorry did it from my phone what i ment to say was that when the car is on the guage doesnt say hot but thats probably cuz my vent is out.

and yeah im just gonna get it tuned later on when i got money. but its 100% stock so idk what u mean by check your tune.

Just because they said it was 100% stock and it has all the stock parts on when you bought it doenst mean its never been modded. I would at least pay a tuner in your area 20-50.00 (i dont know what the going rate for this is) to check to see if you have a custom tune or if it is indeed the stock tune.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:29 AM

^ x2

what happens with alot of evo's is people will put on their stock parts and part everything else out to get a little more cash for it. easiest was is to look at your radiator. if the thing has bent fins, most likely had a bigger turbo on it.

So i'm looking to buy another evo and was gonna get an '03, 16.9k is expensive, eh?

Quick Reply: Help me out on my new Evo!!