Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo owner, but not new to Evos...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Evo owner, but not new to Evos...

Well I finally made my way over to the dark side. I have gone through plenty of cars from S2000, NSRT4 and VW R32 to a couple STis, but finally found an Evo. I traded a 08 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 to get it and I have not doubted the trade one bit.

I found a BONE stock 05 Evo VIII with the SSL package and no wing. It's everything I wanted and the color I wanted. It is a virgin to mods as well, no bolts look like they have ever been touched! Anyway, here are the pics!

Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on the evo and welcome to the forum
it looks clean, how many miles are on it?
any mods planned for it?

-anthony
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
congrats on the evo and welcome to the forum
it looks clean, how many miles are on it?
any mods planned for it?

-anthony
Thanks! The car has 70k miles, but it drove better than most the Evos I test drove with 30k miles. I don't have a ton of plans, as I am sick of loud exhausts and what not. If I could find a super quiet TBE, then I would do a TBE, Intake, EBC and Tune. I don't want to make a ton of power. I just wanted a fun daily driver.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:17 PM

Nice find!! I also picked up an unmolested Evo VIII about a year ago with about 43k...happy modding!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo3573
That car is clean! Welcome man, How much did you pick the gem up for ?
Car was on the lot for $19,995, but I got them down to $17,995 and got a great deal on my trade in.

Originally Posted by Brainiac
Nice find!! I also picked up an unmolested Evo VIII about a year ago with about 43k...happy modding!
I was beginning to think I would never find an unmolested Evo. I had been telling all my friends I was getting an Evo, but was waiting for the right one and 3 months in they were all calling BS, then I show up with this guy and everyone was like DAYUUM! haha!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:55 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by emotart
Thanks! The car has 70k miles, but it drove better than most the Evos I test drove with 30k miles. I don't have a ton of plans, as I am sick of loud exhausts and what not. If I could find a super quiet TBE, then I would do a TBE, Intake, EBC and Tune. I don't want to make a ton of power. I just wanted a fun daily driver.
Congrats on the purchase. FWIW, this is the basic mod path for a VIII: fuel pump, IX DV, MBC, TBE, and tune.