Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Driver Mod or what?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver Mod or what?

iv only had my evo for about 4 days now. it started when my work shift ended and i was walking to my car. got in and turned it on. waited a few mins for it to warm up. went into first gear and i gave it some gas (like around 2k) and let off the clutch some. was fine until i got to the point where at the point the clutch grabs. the car felt like it bogged and jerked forward a little (didn't stall). i was like wtf so i stopped and it tryed it again. it did the same thing, so i was thinking it had to be me and my **** driving. *note* iv owned a 95 eclipse GSX with a ACT 2100 clutch that grabbed like a inch off the floor. i only drove that car before the evo and that was the only car i drove, nothing else. so im still getting use to using my full leg on the clutch. so skip forward to this morning and it does the same thing! i even stalled and a STI passed by , so i was a little pissed. came back home from work and chilled for a bit. 2 hours later i decide to go for a little drive to get a little better. now the car is warmed up from the drive home from work. i turn out of the drive way and all of a sudden it's smooth. no jerking when i use the clutch or anything. so my question is it driver mod or do i need to wait for my tranny and such to warm up a little more? all through my little drive i did some stop and go's and it was smooth.

*off topic* my engine light came when i was driving home. could it be the pump noise coming from my car? thinking the ACD is low. why i made that topic before on which car code reader i should buy to find out why it came on :P
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ak47po
thanks for the awesome advice. Sorry im not in English class.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For a code you can go to advanced auto or some parts store im pretty sure they read codes for free for you.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WolfsFang
iv only had my evo for about 4 days now. it started when my work shift ended and i was walking to my car. got in and turned it on. waited a few mins for it to warm up. went into first gear and i gave it some gas (like around 2k) and let off the clutch some. was fine until i got to the point where at the point the clutch grabs. the car felt like it bogged and jerked forward a little (didn't stall). i was like wtf so i stopped and it tryed it again. it did the same thing, so i was thinking it had to be me and my **** driving. *note* iv owned a 95 eclipse GSX with a ACT 2100 clutch that grabbed like a inch off the floor. i only drove that car before the evo and that was the only car i drove, nothing else. so im still getting use to using my full leg on the clutch. so skip forward to this morning and it does the same thing! i even stalled and a STI passed by , so i was a little pissed. came back home from work and chilled for a bit. 2 hours later i decide to go for a little drive to get a little better. now the car is warmed up from the drive home from work. i turn out of the drive way and all of a sudden it's smooth. no jerking when i use the clutch or anything. so my question is it driver mod or do i need to wait for my tranny and such to warm up a little more? all through my little drive i did some stop and go's and it was smooth.

*off topic* my engine light came when i was driving home. could it be the pump noise coming from my car? thinking the ACD is low. why i made that topic before on which car code reader i should buy to find out why it came on :P
Well from your post and such I read it shouldnt be that difficult for us to read. On the other hand even though we arent in English class please just take the time to paragraph you topic sentences on your complete thoughts. I would honestly get a code reader and find on what went on down there its probably something simple .
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i just got my evo on thursday.

i must say coming out of a front wheel drive car, it did take a bit to get used to the awd'ness. it is a little quirky with getting going when cold. until warmed up i either need to not use second gear or double clutch and go very slowly from 1-2, but warmed up it is perfect.

couple days of practice and ive got it perfectly down, and can drive the car very smoothly. i will report back as im changing all driveline fluids tonight and it may smooth things out (fluids have 25k on them.)