Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

first build for the Evo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first build for the Evo

hey yall, i just wanna let you know that this is my first build for my evo. I got it brand new and its never been taken apart. I have already gotten the engine out and the head, transmission, intake manifold etc.. is coming off this weekend.I will post up pictures as soon as i transfer the photos to my pc. I'm going with the JE standard pistons and getting new bearings. Do i buy standard bearings if I leave the bore size, head, and rods all standard? My machinist told me that i need to send the block to him so he could measure the crank and rods for the bearing size that i need.. Im a little confused about this situation. So if you could help me out a little, i would appreciate it thx
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, if your gonna build it right you gotta get him to measure block, cylinder taper, bore- out of round, journal sizes, etc.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:10 PM

Bearings dont have any effect from bore size. Bearings are inbetween the rods to crank, crank to block, and I dont know if theres bearings on the cams to the head. Piston ring size will be different for a overbored cylinder. But if your doing a 'build' a machinist should def take a look.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:49 PM

r

Originally Posted by HFA_Ultima
Bearings dont have any effect from bore size. Bearings are inbetween the rods to crank, crank to block, and I dont know if theres bearings on the cams to the head. Piston ring size will be different for a overbored cylinder. But if your doing a 'build' a machinist should def take a look.
i know its nothing with the bore, but im just saying. One thing will eventually lead to the other.. and the camshafts goes on top of the bearings in the head fyi.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 4RETECH
Yes, if your gonna build it right you gotta get him to measure block, cylinder taper, bore- out of round, journal sizes, etc.
thx 4RETECH.